Typical/average costof a new roof

I'm about to start the process of ringing people/companies for quotes to replace my roof. I have no idea what this will cost so its hard to say what a good quote price would be (obviously the cheaper the better :hihi:). I'm not after quotes with this post. more of an insight from other people who have had re-roofs done recently (ie in the last year or so)

Im aware that this is kind of a "how longs a piece of string" type question. so to narrow it down a bit, Its a mid terrace re-roof. it will need stripping, new underfelt, new batons and then new slate/tiles. I wouldn't be looking for high end slate/tiles.

any advice on ballpark figures for this work just so I have an idea would be appreciated.

Cheers

These ballpark figures seem pretty accurate. We've had our roof done 12 years ago in the Netherlands and it came to around 10K in Euros for 'Dutch tiles' - that was a pretty big roof as well, so a typical two-up two-down as you find in Sheffield would cost half that, but that was 12 years ago.

I'm about to start the process of ringing people/companies for quotes to replace my roof. I have no idea what this will cost so its hard to say what a good quote price would be (obviously the cheaper the better :hihi:). I'm not after quotes with this post. more of an insight from other people who have had re-roofs done recently (ie in the last year or so)

Im aware that this is kind of a "how longs a piece of string" type question. so to narrow it down a bit, Its a mid terrace re-roof. it will need stripping, new underfelt, new batons and then new slate/tiles. I wouldn't be looking for high end slate/tiles.

any advice on ballpark figures for this work just so I have an idea would be appreciated.

Cheers

I've very recently had a quote for a full reroof for a 3 bed semi which included stripping roof/ laying new felt /new tiles /flashings /topping up,loft insulation /scaffolding /skips etc and price was 5400 with a 20'year warranty

that seems reasonable. A lot better than the ballpark figure article that made me want to cry. seen as my post has been moved from the general discussion section and into this section I don't spose its against rules to ask who you used?

that seems reasonable. A lot better than the ballpark figure article that made me want to cry. seen as my post has been moved from the general discussion section and into this section I don't spose its against rules to ask who you used?

I got that quote from a company called Fenton and Fenton who's office is in barnsley

Cheers

Ensure your being quoted for the whole package (including Building Control & insulation).

The figure of £5000 is a fairly good estimate based on the info you've provided.

:rant::mad:Why dont you give dan2802 a call and if reasonable give him the job. Seems like a fair person to me and always on forum so not a fly by night /

Thanks Dan2802 I appreciate the advice about building control and insulation. its not something I would have known to look for. I've had a quote for about that price but will be ringing round for other quotes in the next few weeks.

Spider1 not sure why you need to use the Rant and Mad faces at the start of your post there. At this stage I'm getting as many quotes as possible. But I wouldn't just choose someone to come do work based on the amount of posts someone makes on Sheffield forum. As I'm sure your aware there are some people who sit on here making thousands of posts and you wouldn't trust them to tie their own shoes :)

Hi who ever you get to do the roof ask to see photos or portfolios or addresses for previous work completed and avoid any one that asks for cash up front hope this helps

Hi who ever you get to do the roof ask to see photos or portfolios or addresses for previous work completed and avoid any one that asks for cash up front hope this helps

ah thats sound advice too. thankyou. I have got your private message and made note of your number. Cheers