Auction property with no legal pack

I have seen a fire damaged property in an auction which claims to have no legal pack!!!

Is this common practice with properties in this condition?

Surely papers relating to the deeds should at least be available.

What is the least I can do or should obtain, to get any information on this property?

I have seen a fire damaged property in an auction which claims to have no legal pack!!!

What is the least I can do or should obtain, to get any information on this property?

I'm no expert, but I would at least buy the copies of the deeds from the land registry. Depending on the area you might also want to do a search for flood risk and mine workings. AFAIK these searches can be done online at the environment agency and coal authority.

Well, there IS of course a pack. But its contents might be less than usual. Fire damage does not alter ownership one jot, you know.

As a bare minimum, the pack will contain:

a. the draft Agreement/Contract;

b. the contract conditions subject to which the property will be sold; and

c. evidence of V's ownership.

But in your property's case it might not include replies to the usual Enquiries before Contract, Preliminary search results, etc.

Best: have your solicitor inspect what's there and report back to you.

Also, consider Indemnity Insurance. This can be obtained immediately your bid is successful (if it is!)