How about BT deals for EXISTING customers??

Fed up with seeing 'spectacular' deals for BT Broadband for (only) new customers!

Friends of mine claim that they bellyache to Sky whenever something new comes on the scene, and invariably they get given some reduction/free box/whatever's going, but BT never seem to honour their existing subscribers in like manner!

I pay about £26 a month (plus line rental) for some Infinity-type service - slow at times, good at others - but I'm reluctant to change subscriber, partly because I've a 'golden number'.

The last time I got a sales call, (trying to add something more!) I was told that the best reduction I could expect was 'about two pounds a month...maybe'...I'd have to ring various other departments to try and get it, though...

Anybody threatened to leave BT and managed a far better deal?

Not just BT do this and its not just broadband it's phone companies too aa well as power providers.

It pays to switch provider often, as soon as your contracted time has expired really and then take advantage of other offers.

No company appears to want to reward customer loyalty. Its the same with insurance too.

You have to swap around and be prepared to switch if you don;t want to be treat as some kind of cash cow. If we all started switching regularly I believe we'd see a change in the attitudes of these providers.

It's time we were allowed a choice of water companies as well. None of my power requirement are met from inside Yorkshire so why can't I buy my water from elsewhere. Monopolies are theoretically illegal but not in practice it would seem.

Edited by Tommo68

Fed up with seeing 'spectacular' deals for BT Broadband for (only) new customers!

Friends of mine claim that they bellyache to Sky whenever something new comes on the scene, and invariably they get given some reduction/free box/whatever's going, but BT never seem to honour their existing subscribers in like manner!

I pay about £26 a month (plus line rental) for some Infinity-type service - slow at times, good at others - but I'm reluctant to change subscriber, partly because I've a 'golden number'.

The last time I got a sales call, (trying to add something more!) I was told that the best reduction I could expect was 'about two pounds a month...maybe'...I'd have to ring various other departments to try and get it, though...

Anybody threatened to leave BT and managed a far better deal?

Its same with Virgin. We asked to move the box from one room to the other. They said £100 soon as we were out of contract they offered it to us for free. We had already left at that point and went to sky.

We are with BT and wanted to upgrade but all their ads for low price broadband are for new customers so we phoned up and told them we were leaving to go to Sky. So then they offered us a good deal too.

If you don't ask you don't get.

Having said that, we are now on BT Infinity and don't really find it any better than before.

I was paying over £27 per month for the 40/10 infinity service. I rang sales and asked them for a cheaper deal, they offered me a tiny reduction, I told them I wanted a bigger reduction so they put me through to the retentions department. I spoke to them and haggled a bit and got upgraded to 80/20 for £23 per month. You need to persevere a bit but you can get a reduction.

Following various interventions from Ofcom over the years, it has become a lot easier to switch broadband providers. In most cases the provider you are switching to will handle the whole switching process for you once you've placed an order on their website.

So, my advice would be to wait until you're out of contract with your existing provider, then call them to haggle for the best deal they can give you. If you're not happy with what they offer, use a comparison site like https://broadbandinternetuk.com to find a better deal, then place an order & switch provider.

Edited by tatty84

I'm reluctant to change subscriber, partly because I've a 'golden number'.

You can keep your number when you change supplier.