Ryanair Cancellations

As someone above alluded to, I think there's far more to this than meets the eye.

Even if someone had screwed up the holiday rota, wouldn't it make sense to cajole the pilots with monetary incentives, and perhaps time off in lieu to work their holidays? Seems to me it would be far cheaper than cancelling flights, losing customers and paying compensation. Not to mention adverse publicity.

There's a limit to the number of hours they can fly, they need rest times a - loads of stuff to think about. It's a 737 they're using Pete , not a minicab!

More flights cancelled. They are going to downsize bit more, still expect same profits this year.

Ryanair needs to buy the UK-held portion of its shareholding in a big hurry to ward off the effects of a potential cliff-edge Brexit (so that it can justifiably claim to be more than 50% EU-owned by the time the UK would become a third party country, lest Ryanair loses its EU slots overnight).

Now I'm not saying that is definitely what OLeary is doing, like...but the fact is, tanking the share value does help that exercise a fair bit ;)

There are limits on the number of hours a pilot can fly I believe so this may not be possible.

There's a limit to the number of hours they can fly, they need rest times a - loads of stuff to think about. It's a 737 they're using Pete , not a minicab!

Ummm...Surely if they are on holiday (off work). Then for that week or fortnight they don't have 'any' flight time scheduled?

Listening to the radio all day and correspondence from anonymous pilots that have worked for Ryanair. It sounds like the cause of this issue is the terrible terms and conditions of the Ryanair flight crew have led to hundreds of them leaving over the last year causing a serious shortage of pilots.

Apparently there is a global shortage of pilots anyhow and in the future companies like Ryanair are going to have to improve their terms and conditions otherwise they won't be able to cover all their routes.

Where do the hundreds of pilots -a commendable job- go to ?

Ummm...Surely if they are on holiday (off work). Then for that week or fortnight they don't have 'any' flight time scheduled?

There is an annual limit.

Ryanair threatened with legal action by UK regulator

Ryanair has been threatened with legal action for "persistently misleading" passengers about their rights following thousands of flight cancellations.

The Civil Aviation Authority said it had launched "enforcement action" against Ryanair, the first step towards court action.

Ryanair was wrong to claim it did not have to re-route passengers on rival airlines, it said.

and

Ryanair threatened with legal action by UK regulator

In a letter to the Dublin-based airline, the CAA said chief executive Michael O’Leary was wrong to tell passengers last week that it did not have to arrange new flights for them after an initial batch of cancellations were announced.

The airline regulator said Ryanair had further transgressed when it announced fresh disruption on Wednesday, by failing to tell passengers that they could be rerouted with other airlines if there was no suitable alternative on one of its own planes.

To those affected, if Ryanair cancel your flight and they haven't got a reasonable alternative on their own airline, they have to arrange for you to fly on another airline at their expense.

Those affected by Ryan Air need to be claiming the compensation asap, do it yourself too don't use these flight delays sites !!

What I find strange about this situation is that as of this morning (Thusday) they are cancelling yet more flights, yet are still advertising on t.v.

I would have though they ought to try and cope with what they already have rather than con more people into their screw up!

What I find strange about this situation is that as of this morning (Thusday) they are cancelling yet more flights, yet are still advertising on t.v.

I would have though they ought to try and cope with what they already have rather than con more people into their screw up!

ten years ago went leeds to weeze (germany) couple times for £20 return little German private airline, little small plane, it was great.

Haven't used Ryanair much, maybe only twice, cant remember but it was fine.

Now they have dropped their lowest prices another 10% from last month. We have visitors next month and month after we go to cape verde but am considering booking flight to visit mom in December for just the weekend with Ryanair, if it gets cancelled would get at least money refunded.

Its cheaper to fly with them to EU than it is to get off peak return to Manchester int. now.

Edited by dutch

The way Ryanair treat their customers and pilots is poor but if they were to disappear I bet we would end up with much less choice.

The way Ryanair treat their customers and pilots is poor but if they were to disappear I bet we would end up with much less choice.

There is lots of choice, just pay little extra. My dad refuses to even use EasyJet.