Towering inferno in London

People who have done wrong being held to account for it and given an appropriate sanction. Everyone knows that.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was going to say.

I think for many people it's the being held to account that's the thing - victims want to see people forced to admit that they were negligent, or greedy or whatever the charges might be.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was going to say.

I think for many people it's the being held to account that's the thing - victims want to see people forced to admit that they were negligent, or greedy or whatever the charges might be.

"Greedy" is that a charge???

"Greedy" is that a charge???

Well it is one of the sins.

Apparently it will still be OK to clad buildings in flammable material....if this happened in India or Bukino Faso we'd condem them for outrageous disregard of human life. In the UK it's fine to cover a tower block in a sheath of combustable material. Bonkers.

A bonfire of regulations the tories promised....

I heard on the news recently that about a hundred of the residents of Grenfell Tower are still in temporary accommodation awaiting to be housed.

Not acceptable.

Apparently it will still be OK to clad buildings in flammable material....if this happened in India or Bukino Faso we'd condem them for outrageous disregard of human life. In the UK it's fine to cover a tower block in a sheath of combustable material. Bonkers..

That isn't what the article says or what the proposal is. Hackitt is proposing regulation that makes it impossible for buildings to fail in the manner of Grenfell. This overcomes the potential for new or poor materials and methods to bypass bans.

It is, in actual fact, better than banning a list of materials. Hackitt knows what she is talking about, unlike victims, relatives, or politicians.

DIY sos (complete with royalty) is lending a hand fixing a community centre there.

Apparently it will still be OK to clad buildings in flammable material....if this happened in India or Bukino Faso we'd condem them for outrageous disregard of human life. In the UK it's fine to cover a tower block in a sheath of combustable material. Bonkers.

I thought the panels were meant to withhold burning for 60 minutes, and they failed. Which means the panels do not comply with regulations and those that fitted them should be held responsible.

I think if we looked at the history of the usage of the panels then they were being installed before 2010, and on buildings in Labour-run areas.

I think if we looked at the history of the usage of the panels then they were being installed before 2010, and on buildings in Labour-run areas.

But how is getting rid of regulations pertaining to health and safety a good idea and how is continuing to allow a combustable substance to cover buildings a good idea?

But how is getting rid of regulations pertaining to health and safety a good idea and how is continuing to allow a combustable substance to cover buildings a good idea?

That isn't being proposed.

That isn't being proposed.

Are you denying that Cameron proposed a "bonfire of regulations"?

Are you denying that there will be no ban on combustable cladding around buildings?

And I'll just leave this here as well