Help Tethering phone to laptop

Hi folks, wanting information , I am wanting to tether my SAMSUNG galaxy 7edge to my acer laptop on Windows 10.does it consume much data for general browsing e t c ?.

It will generally use more than just browsing on your phone, but if you're not watching videos or listening to music it should be fine for light browsing.

Hi folks, wanting information , I am wanting to tether my SAMSUNG galaxy 7edge to my acer laptop on Windows 10.does it consume much data for general browsing e t c ?.

It will all depend on how much you use, and what you browse, videos use a lot, music less, and web browsing the least, but android has a built in data use feature for you to view it

I goto Spain and Portugal a fair bit and always tether my phone for mine and the ladies TaB's. Use them every day for upto 3 - 4 hours and when I get back we've used less than a couple of GB. This is after a 4 - 6 week break away too.

The first thing you need to find out is does your network provider allow you to thether your phone. If so how much data allowance you get. I have unlimited data for my phone, and a 30gb per month data allowance for thethering.

I have a bit of interest in this subject.

What method of connection will you be using between the phone & laptop?