United vs Derby

We lost 3 of our first 4 last season Benidorm

Who's on about the beginning of last season,I'm on about your last 10 games,5 in one league 5 in a superior league,take a day off.

Derby looked heavy legged, ponderous and slow. Duffy was magnificent, but was substituted after 60 minutes to be replaced by Carruthers who carried on where Duffy left off only to be kicked off the ball and went off injured after 10 minutes.

United at one point had 70% possession on BBC stats in the first half.

Derby had more shots, apparently, but anyone can punt hopefully

from 35 yards with a rugby conversionesque outcome and Blackman barely had a shot to save.

Both Derby and Barnsley fans have said after their defeats at the Lane. " we can never play as bad again.....we were shocking.... worst performance ever" etc

Funny that.

Derby brought a reasonable following, filled the lower tier and were as quiet a bunch as I've ever heard at the Lane.

Let's hope it continues, it may, it may not

---------- Post added 28-08-2017 at 06:40 ----------

and Ched had a good cameo role when he came on.

It's a pity about Carruthers going off if he was having a go at them as he needs a confidence boost and we need him to do just that.

Having re thought what I said about him after the Leicester game,he was never going to do anything against them in a midfield with Brooks and Lundstram,and although it seems like Wilder has asked him to put himself about more,he isn't a ball winner,he needs someone to win it and give it to him in the final third to run at defences,so the Middlesboro game wasn't one for him either.

He,like Brooks can be a great out ball for us,when we get pushed back and we need a breather,Brooks is really good at this and he will come deep to get the ball and take it right up the other end,occupying defences and giving us some time to regroup.

Carruthers can do this as well,and as an impact player off the bench,or starting in certain games,and as we have seen,our wing backs will not have the same impact in attack as before,so that means less goals and less chances as I am sure Wilder has told them not to go bombing on,so this makes players like Brooks and Carruthers even more important in supplementing midfield and taking the ball forward like the wing backs did,and I am sure will try to continue to do,so I still think if we use Carruthers in the best way suiting him,we can get more out of him in this division,and Wilder mentioned him as being one for the future when he signed,so I am sure that we will see better from him as the season goes on.

It's a bit early for all the bravado yet folks, look at Barnsley last season.

The comparison to Barcelona though :hihi::help:

Totally agree Tops, long as we are out of the bottom 4 at the end of the season will do me...

You forgot to mention that all three of your goals were gift wrapped.

Funny that.

I thought Sharp got two of the three

Funny that

---------- Post added 29-08-2017 at 09:37 ----------

It is quite amusing seeing certain Wednesday fans move the goal posts. At first "it's a tough league & we'll struggle" 5 games and 9 points (should've been ten) later and it's "we haven't played anyone good yet" or we've had loads of luck, even though we've had three goals dissallowed (2 unfairly) I'd say we've arguably had a harder start than Wednesday yet we are above them.

Yes it's early days but after all the hot air we've had to endure from Wednesday fans you've got to expect some back after we've had a decent start. We were brilliant against Derby we dominated an established championship side.

Some can take it and some can't

---------- Post added 29-08-2017 at 09:40 ----------

It's a pity about Carruthers going off if he was having a go at them as he needs a confidence boost and we need him to do just that.

Having re thought what I said about him after the Leicester game,he was never going to do anything against them in a midfield with Brooks and Lundstram,and although it seems like Wilder has asked him to put himself about more,he isn't a ball winner,he needs someone to win it and give it to him in the final third to run at defences,so the Middlesboro game wasn't one for him either.

He,like Brooks can be a great out ball for us,when we get pushed back and we need a breather,Brooks is really good at this and he will come deep to get the ball and take it right up the other end,occupying defences and giving us some time to regroup.

Carruthers can do this as well,and as an impact player off the bench,or starting in certain games,and as we have seen,our wing backs will not have the same impact in attack as before,so that means less goals and less chances as I am sure Wilder has told them not to go bombing on,so this makes players like Brooks and Carruthers even more important in supplementing midfield and taking the ball forward like the wing backs did,and I am sure will try to continue to do,so I still think if we use Carruthers in the best way suiting him,we can get more out of him in this division,and Wilder mentioned him as being one for the future when he signed,so I am sure that we will see better from him as the season goes on.

Agreed. A brief appearance but concerned Derby enough for them to crock him with a late tackle

---------- Post added 29-08-2017 at 10:09 ----------

Who's on about the beginning of last season,I'm on about your last 10 games,5 in one league 5 in a superior league,take a day off.

Well we can all be selective about statistics.

Well well,we'll go your statistics then and see if you match the rest of last season with the rest of this season....Barnsley.

Well well,we'll go your statistics then and see if you match the rest of last season with the rest of this season....Barnsley.

Now that's just plain daft :hihi:

As was touched on earlier, United 'were' gifted all 3 goals, that cant be denied.

However, United hounded and harassed Derby from start to finish and thoroughly deserved their victory.

United didn't really create too many chances and ive seen many a game similar to this one that have ended up 0-0. (mistakes aside)

Derby were very disappointing though, I expected much better.

Early days yet, but the signs are very encouraging - theres not too much to be frightened of from what has been seen so far.

UTB