Dunkirk? (The film, not the place)

Highly entertaining - sometimes in a very obvious and ever so slightly cheesy way - and some of the special effects were excellent. The ship sinking scenes looked scarily real to me. Spitfire ditching in the sea looked very realsitic too.

However - some of the beach shots looked like about fifteen blokes queuing for a bus and in the final scene with the burning Spitfire...come on guys - behind the propellor you could see what looked like a broomhandle, there was no bloody engine!

What did you think?

Highly entertaining - sometimes in a very obvious and ever so slightly cheesy way - and some of the special effects were excellent. The ship sinking scenes looked scarily real to me. Spitfire ditching in the sea looked very realsitic too.

However - some of the beach shots looked like about fifteen blokes queuing for a bus and in the final scene with the burning Spitfire...come on guys - behind the propellor you could see what looked like a broomhandle, there was no bloody engine!

What did you think?

like you i enjoyed it in the most part and yes some of the scenes were very well shot. i didnt think the film was gritty enough though, i am sure the attacks were far more ferocious, after the first wave of stuka dive bomber attacks on the beach when the soldiers all lined up again there were no bodies. the continuity of scenes wasnt very good it went from light in the channel to dark on the beach and back again all in the same time frame.

i also expected more to be made of the Armada of boats from England going to the rescue as well as the trapped troops. oh and by the way the germans didnt at that time have armour piercing bullets that would have pierced the dutch boat from such a distance either. overall 6/10 but enjoyable

the continuity of scenes wasnt very good it went from light in the channel to dark on the beach and back again all in the same time frame.

That's because there were three intercut narratives taking place over an hour, a day and a week.

I liked it too, thought it was quite spectacular although I agree the beach scenes were woefully underpopulated. There's lost of discussion of this film on the "Rate the last film" thread and opinions vary quite widely.

I know Cillian Murphy is in it. But, no I haven't seen in. I'm waiting for the new Blade Runner movie to come out.:D