Trusted trader scheme backed by the council

I have seen Derbyshire county council promote a trusted trader scheme for companies/tradesmen based in Derbyshire.

Is there such a scheme for Sheffield based tradesmen?

There is not in sheffield which is a pity, we get work off which trusted trader, very rigorous selection process though.

There is not in sheffield which is a pity, we get work off which trusted trader, very rigorous selection process though.

It's not that rigorous, I had some work done by one company who at the time were part of the trusted trader scheme, I had to take them to court for problems I had and trading standards got involved due to the large number of previous complaints against them, they were removed from the trusted trader scheme, and a few weeks later were part of the which scheme.

Which have approached my company to be part of there scheme, I made them aware of the above and they said they were aware of the companies previous history and would monitor them, it didn't fill me with much confidence as a consumer as to the criteria of the scheme and how trust worthy some companies one the scheme can be.

It's not that rigorous, I had some work done by one company who at the time were part of the trusted trader scheme, I had to take them to court for problems I had and trading standards got involved due to the large number of previous complaints against them, they were removed from the trusted trader scheme, and a few weeks later were part of the which scheme.

Which have approached my company to be part of there scheme, I made them aware of the above and they said they were aware of the companies previous history and would monitor them, it didn't fill me with much confidence as a consumer as to the criteria of the scheme and how trust worthy some companies one the scheme can be.

It's why I always go with recommendations from people I personally know and trust...makes it hard for a new start up (unless they have set up on their own after already having dome work for me already through someone else!).