Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

An old movie, one really old movie.

The Road to Perdition 8.5/10. Very underrated performances from both Paul Newman and Tom Hanks, and Jude Law is seriously creepy as a crime scene photographer.

7/10. Gene Hackman, and Liv Ullman. Set in the 1870's, less than 30 years into California's statehood there was still such a shortage of women in the western US, there was a brisk business in mail order brides from back east and the midwest. I love Liv Ullman and this is one of her better movies, imo.

An old movie, one really old movie.

The Road to Perdition 8.5/10. Very underrated performances from both Paul Newman and Tom Hanks, and Jude Law is seriously creepy as a crime scene photographer.

7/10. Gene Hackman, and Liv Ullman. Set in the 1870's, less than 30 years into California's statehood there was still such a shortage of women in the western US, there was a brisk business in mail order brides from back east and the midwest. I love Liv Ullman and this is one of her better movies, imo.

Daniel Craig was also very good at being very bad in Road to Perdition. Great movie.

Edited by TORONTONY

Daniel Craig was also very good at being very bad in Road to Perdition. Great movie.

Jude Law was the killer who took photos of his murder contracts.

Hardcore Henry - 8/10

One of the most bonkers films I've ever seen. It's literally like watching someone play through a first-person shooter game like Wolfenstein. Has some good (and usually violent) humour running through it, especially the bits featuring Shalto Copley.

Jude Law was the killer who took photos of his murder contracts.

Yes but Craig was nastier, in my opinion, playing Paul Newman's spoiled son who murders Tom Hanks family, except for his oldest son who narrates the whole story. That boy is really the only good person in the story.

Edited by TORONTONY

Deadpool. I really wanted to love it but I didn't quite. The swearing seemed forced more often the not and a fairly simple plot was allowed to drift - the villain wasn't up to much either. But Ryan Reynolds gave it plenty of oomph and there was decent gags (the "year" montage was funny) morena baccarin was good too. I liked the smutty humour generally and liked the move to make a super hero film for grown ups but it was really done for 15 year old boys. 7.5/10

Run Lola Run.

8.75/10

Rewatching this for the third or fourth time since it came out, and once again I loved it.

Sharp, witty and without a gram of flab on it, this film is near perfect. It works within its ambition, and firmly nails every scene down tight. The performances are totally naturalistic, in spite of the experimental form, and it's basically much greater than the sum of its brilliant parts.

And it's short. Always a welcome bonus.

Ahh yes, he was! I didn't recognize him at first, James Bond! :love:

I agree, this was a great movie. Nothing worse than sitting through a bad movie (hoping it gets better) and if you make it to the end, thinking, "well, that was a waste of an hour and a half!"

One of the reasons I like old movies (or those set in the past), is to see how the world looked then.

I'm thankful for people who take the time to research filming locations, like this.

Edited by Sierra

Deadpool. I really wanted to love it but I didn't quite. The swearing seemed forced more often the not and a fairly simple plot was allowed to drift - the villain wasn't up to much either. But Ryan Reynolds gave it plenty of oomph and there was decent gags (the "year" montage was funny) morena baccarin was good too. I liked the smutty humour generally and liked the move to make a super hero film for grown ups but it was really done for 15 year old boys. 7.5/10

Yeah it was ok but that's all. That said, because it had some of the best box office figures of any film last year we can at least look forward to a few more blockbuster action films that aren't aimed at children because it turns out that you don't have to make everything 12A to make a profit.

Sully film about the passenger plane that landed on the Hudson river in USA very good 8\10

Silence 4/10 - and that 4 is mostly for the scenery. A depressing, slow, slog of a film. And the subject matter really isn't to my taste, I don't need reminding that for thousands of years humanity has been so, so stupid.

---------- Post added 10-01-2017 at 17:57 ----------

Hardcore Henry - 8/10

One of the most bonkers films I've ever seen. It's literally like watching someone play through a first-person shooter game like Wolfenstein. Has some good (and usually violent) humour running through it, especially the bits featuring Shalto Copley.

This is one of the worst films I've ever seen, I think I gave it 2 or maybe 1. To criticise the plot is to acknowledge that there was one, so I won't. But the 1st person view is nauseating and the entire thing was 1:30hrs I wish I could have got back. I really should have walked out.

ARQ 3/10 worse than usual time-loop garbage. Loved the bit where she says "we should take it with us," you will get that comment when you see the size of the thing!