Would You Ever Change The Team You Support

A poster on here is quite open that he,somewhat bizarrely,used to support Wednesday and now professes to be a "Blade 'Till He Dies".....each to their own eh...?:huh:

But it begs the question,would you ever change the team you support for another club..?

For me.... never ever ever in a million years...and that's despite having seen some awful performances from Wednesday over the years...and being let down on a number of occasions....

In my opinion a true supporter follows his/her team through thick and thin...

Interested to hear what others think though...

Yes I would, if we went bust:) even then it would be non league I'd be watching or huddersfield if I stuck to professional leagues. Considering I only started really watching in waddles last season I think I've done well to stick it out:hihi:

Pretty sure the poster on here is on the wind...

Most folk support their teams as it's been passed on through the generations, thats why I support Wednesday. And if folk think like me their team is very important to them and they wouldn't dream of every switching sides

A poster on here is quite open that he,somewhat bizarrely,used to support Wednesday and now professes to be a "Blade 'Till He Dies".....each to their own eh...?:huh:

But it begs the question,would you ever change the team you support for another club..?

For me.... never ever ever in a million years...and that's despite having seen some awful performances from Wednesday over the years...and being let down on a number of occasions....

Forgive me sheri, but I can"t see the logic in your post. iv"e been a lover of football for many many years now.. I'm prepared to search around locally for the best value... I sometimes wish I lived in Manchester, I"d never miss a match at old Trafford... now look at England, utter garbage, I"ll be cheering brazil on tonight.. don"t get me wrong I'm English and want to see them winning.. world cup, were a j2oke sheri.

If you have a favorite pub that you"ve frequented for many years, and all of a sudden the beer turns revolting, you can"t drink it no more, what do you do, you find another pub with better beer.. but knowing you sheri ,you"d carry on in your favourite pub hoping the beer gets better. hope to see you one day at bramall (theatre of dreams) lane.. all the best sheri.

I follow a manager rather than a club so atm I have a season ticket with a club in the North but in the past I've had one with other clubs. It's been tough.

Been an Owls fan for nearly 60years which just about answers the question. A guy I worked with was an avid Liverpool fan, suddenly changed to Man U. Still don't understand how you can change you loyalties.

Can't understand changing to the Blades. Most of my mates are Blades and they would have a birthday.

Edited by Treeman893

Can't believe you're letting padders get to you, S1-0.

Anyway in answer to your question. If I ever get the chance to move down south-west way I would probably support a local club. This would be in addition to United though as I wouldn't get to many home games, not in place of.

I would have no interest in following the likes of Man Utd or Chelsea etc and If I moved to those areas (unlikely) it would be a Championship or lower league club.

Edited by blackydog

I moved cities so I grew up with one team, had season tickets, went all through my younger years, feel a visceral sensation on hearing the club song etc etc.

Now I live here, have a family and a young lad and I want him to support his local team (we're 20 min walk from Bramall Lane) and have ended up supporting another team. I like following a team, going regularly, watching the progress of the players.

For those various reasons I can't and won't commit to going to see the team I grew up with. But in this house we support those two teams, but differently.

For me I say it's like, "Well, I love my mum and I always will. But then I met my wife and I love her too."

Apart from all that . . .

Didn't some Sheffielders used to go to see both teams?

Friends have told me that used to happen. People sometimes just want to watch football, and maybe this idea that you support/follow one team and it's all tribal hatred is something that's not always been there.

And then there is the fact that many people follow their team as an emotional thing while others are students of the game, interested in tactics, coaching, stats or whatever. I know a guy who's a W******** fan but regularly has a favourite team elsewhere (Europe usually) because he's interested in a tactical approach the manager is taking that season.

I find those who over-partisan and nothing else a bit one-dimensional, tbh

Edited by Antone

Whilst ever the club I support is functioning and logistically viable I would never consider a change, it’s following through the bad times that make the good ones the more enjoyable. If the Owls went out of business I’d follow my nearest non league side, if I moved to another area I would follow them from a distance. The ones who switch are not really supporters in my opinion.

All interesting comments...and the usual bizarre one from our Brazil,Man United and Sheffield United supporter ...!

I have a soft spot for a couple of other teams,but not to the point of travelling miles or spending money just to see them....unless they were playing Wednesday obviously...

I'm not saying anyone's right or wrong here...just interested to see other peoples views

I moved cities so I grew up with one team, had season tickets, went all through my younger years, feel a visceral sensation on hearing the club song etc etc.

Now I live here, have a family and a young lad and I want him to support his local team (we're 20 min walk from Bramall Lane) and have ended up supporting another team. I like following a team, going regularly, watching the progress of the players.

For those various reasons I can't and won't commit to going to see the team I grew up with. But in this house we support those two teams, but differently.

For me I say it's like, "Well, I love my mum and I always will. But then I met my wife and I love her too."

Friends have told me that used to happen. People sometimes just want to watch football, and maybe this idea that you support/follow one team and it's all tribal hatred is something that's not always been there.

And then there is the fact that many people follow their team as an emotional thing while others are students of the game, interested in tactics, coaching, stats or whatever. I know a guy who's a W******** fan but regularly has a favourite team elsewhere (Europe usually) because he's interested in a tactical approach the manager is taking that season.

good post antone..yep I was one of those, Hillsboro one week, bramall lane the next. that was back in the 60s.

and yet you can't bring yourself to spell Wednesday properly...:roll: