The new Sheffield Ikea discussion.

I was just looking for the old Ikea thread and noticed it had been closed because its old outdated and become too big with old out of date nonsense.

Have been to Sheffield new ikea twice so far, once in a hurry, second time had a better look around. It has been six years since I have last been to the leeds one. One thing I noticed now is that a lot of their stuff stays the same and changes little. But there was an item I got that appeared to have improved in quality despite that it kind of looked the same.

Are people just lazy to design new stuff or are they afraid of something new? It does take courage to try something completely new. It felt a bit boring this time and was hoping for something more original this time around.

Still had an ok coffee and may come back sometime for some items or when hungry and too tired to cook.

They keep what sells well, they're a business afterall.

They also design new things, like the death star light.

I went the other day - my first proper ikea experience. It felt like a large social experiment, and all I wanted to do was nip in and buy some shelves - a billy bookcase actually. It's not a place to nip in to.

If you know what you want you can get to it very quickly. For bookcases you'd go in through the exit, find the item and straight back to the tills. (You'd need the item code and to use a terminal to find the correct aisle to pick it up from).

Guest sibon
If you know what you want you can get to it very quickly. For bookcases you'd go in through the exit, find the item and straight back to the tills. (You'd need the item code and to use a terminal to find the correct aisle to pick it up from).

Where’s the fun in that?

You are supposed to go in for a Billy bookcase and come out with a frying pan, a three foot felt snake and a Death Star light.

When one door close"s, another one opens.

Last time I buy an ikea wardrobe.

Where’s the fun in that?

You are supposed to go in for a Billy bookcase and come out with a frying pan, a three foot felt snake and a Death Star light.

And a bag of tea lights. Don't forget those!

I must say I was impressed with the new Ikea store in Sheffield. It's large, modern, spacious, clean and easy to get around if you follow the guide. The worst thing was trying to find a space in the car park.

The worst thing was trying to find a space in the car park.

This.

I visited Ikea for the first time in my life (I lost a bet) and after driving round the car park several times, I gave up and left. So my record of 0% attendance is still intact.

Sadly, my passenger (who won the bet) isn’t giving up so easily

Can I use the Park & Ride opposite or not? There were a couple of empty spaces in there

This.

I visited Ikea for the first time in my life (I lost a bet) and after driving round the car park several times, I gave up and left. So my record of 0% attendance is still intact.

Sadly, my passenger (who won the bet) isn’t giving up so easily

Can I use the Park & Ride opposite or not? There were a couple of empty spaces in there

There's an overflow carpark on Weedon st (I think it used to be one of Meadowhall's overflow carparks)

Tram stop is getting busier there. I like to sometimes walk by the canal and that footbridge over the rails between ikea and canal is also used a lot more now than I have ever seen before. Some people wait for tram standing in a row looking tired with big blue bulging bags, a professional photographer could make some funny artistic pics of that.

Edited by dutch

They keep what sells well, they're a business afterall.

They also design new things, like the death star light.

Got one of them in the living room. I can confirm, it is awesome.