Windows update?

Had a couple of notices to update Windows and it says that it could take a long time to install.Can anyone tell me if it is genuine and if so what is it?

Just had the same over the weekend.

Genuine, Win 10.

Took a fair time to download - usual "do not turn off during" messages, and "your PC will reboot during"...

Took longer to actually update than download....eventually got around to doing it last evening.

What it covers?

No idea.

Looks the same to me!

got mine last night took over 20 minutes to get the update done

Cheers for that Mike,I don`t think I will install it.

---------- Post added 10-11-2017 at 09:49 ----------

It seems that since I stopped the update my Windows defender scan will not work.It scans for so long then it stopped. Now it will not even start up.

Had to immediately roll back as the keyboard stopped working properly. This happened with the previous big update so had to roll that back too.

Their coming to get you :suspect:

Installed it withy no problems and had no problems since installing it, I wont be worrying about the CIA watching me after installing it either :rolleyes:

If you go through the settings and turn off anything that reports back, it gets disabled any way, I report nothing back to MS (except profile sync across w10 devices) and it's 'disabled' on all devices anyway...

If you go through the settings and turn off anything that reports back, it gets disabled any way, I report nothing back to MS (except profile sync across w10 devices) and it's 'disabled' on all devices anyway...

Its not disabled by default despite what is sometimes made out. I had tracking disabled (used ultimate windows tweaker) and since this new "fall" update it was enabled again but under a different name, hence the post. I have since disabled it again.

Check the second link.

Its not disabled by default despite what is sometimes made out. I had tracking disabled (used ultimate windows tweaker) and since this new "fall" update it was enabled again but under a different name, hence the post. I have since disabled it again.

Check the second link.

I read the links...

Then there must be something either i'm disabling that is guaranteed to disable "DiagTrack" or something that others are doing that re-enables/keeps it enabled...

Cause I haven't explicitly stopped/disabled it, only turned off a few things via Settings, and it's disabled on mine....

Ghozer..

Have you updated to the "fall" update just released?

Edit:

Because it has been causing weird graphic problem with several games I have now rolled back.. :)

Edited by apelike