Sheffield from above - Drone footage videos

This is a DJI phantom 3 standard, the lowest range drone DJI have brought out - doesnt seem very low range to me....

New video coming today of the botanical gardens, some of the best footage i have filmed so far.

I have some considerably cheaper drones, but when you compare the footage you can see that you get what you pay for.

That's from a Syma X7w, costs about £200, manual control only, and the video has to be stabilised afterwards to stop it being unwatchable, but makes it seem quite surreal.

This is a difficult legal area. I love these aerial views.

When we flew model aircraft many years ago we never considered legislation, we just flew them. We had no real control over where the planes went, and sometimes had to travel a long way to get them back! In the litigious society in which we now live flying model aircaft is subject to much stricter controls. Modern aircaft have got bigger and heavier - although modern radio contols should mean flight paths are very much more predictable. Flying in most public parks is prohibited by bye laws.

The same applies to drones. They're not allowed on Peak District National Park or National Trust owned land without a licence, see; http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/visiting/drones and the British Model Flying Association at; https://bmfa.org/Multi-Rotors

I was walking the English coastal path in Northumberland last month when a drone whistled by. A party of walkers on the horizon was the only sign of human life. The drone then did a series of fast acrobatic moves, whizzing low across the beach. I had memories of youth and was not concerned - except it had come quite close and I couldn't see the operator. Some may have considered it an intrusion. I'd have no idea who owned the land and if they issued licences.

More recently, I saw 3 drones operating in an area that should have been licensed as above, but doubt very much if they had been. Who knew it was necessary, or how to get a licence? The operators were clearly enjoying themselves and they were under contol, but the drones did come closer to our walking party than the regulations stipulate.

Unfortunately, as with so many things, a small number can spoil things for the rest. It's very important that all drone users are aware of, and comply as far as possible with, legislation and codes of practice.

This is a DJI phantom 3 standard, the lowest range drone DJI have brought out - doesnt seem very low range to me....

New video coming today of the botanical gardens, some of the best footage i have filmed so far.

Did you have to get permission to fly in the Botanical Gardens?

East Germany in the eighties working for the Stasi. You'd have been in your element.

East Germany in the eighties working for the Stasi. You'd have been in your element.

Ah, you're my new stalker.

I'm not a prolific poster, average one a day. So you may want to latch onto someone else too.

Ah, you're my new stalker.

I'm not a prolific poster, average one a day. So you may want to latch onto someone else too.

No hard feelings its all good fun. :)

New video guys.

See what you think, give me your opinions

New video guys.

See what you think, give me your opinions

Mmmm. Looks like you did need to get council permission to fly in the Botanical Gardens

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/parks-sport-recreation/parks-green-spaces