Road resurfacing, Amey & Streets Ahead

That's because they are to blame for a considerable amount of pollution, to which the answer is reduce car usage wherever possible, not divert the argument to tree preservation.

Don't suppose you have put BUSES into your equation of polluters . particularly all the empty ones that prowl the highways. If the "BUS LANES" were given back to motorists, the pollution levels would drop, as there would not be the queues of traffic on hold in the one lane that we have been allowed to drive,,or not,

---------- Post added 31-10-2017 at 09:32 ----------

I drive, but make an effort to use a bike, legs or public transport where possible.

You?

ME,,, I drive,, it's the only pleasure left to me that I truly enjoy. I leave public transport seats for the people who do not have a car. Bike riding is too dangerous..and I only walk in the wood lands, or on beaches,,, which I need my car to get to either. O.K.

---------- Post added 31-10-2017 at 09:39 ----------

Seemingly woodland trees now come under the "Unsafe " umbrella .Poor old Sheffield ,being de -tree'd an no one gives a toss

You drive rather than use public transport, walk or cycle. You're not really in a position to complain about pollution then.

If the "BUS LANES" were given back to motorists, the pollution levels would drop, as there would not be the queues of traffic on hold in the one lane that we have been allowed to drive,,or not,

Not true

You clearly haven't noticed that bus lanes tend to end some distance before a junction and motorists in the general traffic lane then have access to all lanes at the junction. The bus lane therefore makes very little difference to the length of time a motorist will have to queue at a junction.

All the bus lane does is allow the bus to get to a junction further up the queue than it normally would.

You drive rather than use public transport, walk or cycle. You're not really in a position to complain about pollution then.

You have misread,,, misunderstood, my reply.... Nowhere did I say anything about pollution in particular .Buses ,,heavy goods lorries ,an increasing number of which ,now use side roads to save a few minutes on a journey, causing yet more pollution. By the way CYCLONE,, my mode of transport is absolutely none of your business, to coin a phrase """On yer bike "

---------- Post added 04-11-2017 at 06:55 ----------

Perhaps the renegotiating can be used by the council to regain some control over the tree removal situation. But I doubt it, since the council seem to be willing participants and incredibly defensive about the huge problem they've created.

What is it with you and this Chuck Norris ????

You have misread,,, misunderstood, my reply.... Nowhere did I say anything about pollution in particular .Buses ,,heavy goods lorries ,an increasing number of which ,now use side roads to save a few minutes on a journey, causing yet more pollution. By the way CYCLONE,, my mode of transport is absolutely none of your business, to coin a phrase """On yer bike "

Errr, what about here

I don't think that Sheffield C,C, are aware that trees are the lungs of the planet. Sheffield included. It's all very well they keep blaming motorists for pollution

You want to complain about the council and Amey and their impact on pollution, but you don't want to make a small effort yourself. All a bit holier than thou isn't it.

After many delays Amey just put the cherry on top by delivering a card through the door saying further surveys and analysis of our road indicate it doesn’t need resurfacing.

The road has hardly any of the original surface left and in common with many other roads is a series of uneven patches interspersed with potholes.

Laughable is the only word.

Send some photos on twitter and cc in the council and maybe the Star or the BBC. Also email your local councillor.

Errr, what about here

You want to complain about the council and Amey and their impact on pollution, but you don't want to make a small effort yourself. All a bit holier than thou isn't it.

I did send you a long answer to your "holier than thou " but the people who monitor this site ,deleted it, Doesn't really matter now, because you do spout a load of rubbish anyway,

---------- Post added 17-11-2017 at 07:31 ----------

Not true

You clearly haven't noticed that bus lanes tend to end some distance before a junction and motorists in the general traffic lane then have access to all lanes at the junction. The bus lane therefore makes very little difference to the length of time a motorist will have to queue at a junction.

All the bus lane does is allow the bus to get to a junction further up the queue than it normally would.

would you care to clarify "SOME distance "? Probably about 25 yards. I do notice everything ,,,,, don't be SO patronising ..

---------- Post added 17-11-2017 at 07:42 ----------

Amey does appear to be doing a lot of driving ,in an inordinate number of new cars,estate cars, 4 by 4's, vans, but not a lot of working vehicles. As a matter of interest, are we, Sheffield rate payers buying all these new vehicles.Ironically , they do have the message "Making Sheffield Greener." and adding to the pollution , even spotted some cars in Derbyshire !!!! just driving..

It’s not until you cycle on our roads that you fully appreciate how bad some of our roads are.

Having turned to cycling to work recently, I am shocked how bad the road surface is on Chesterfield Road just after Heeley Bridge when coming out of city. To avoid the massive pot holes you have to move towards the centre of the lane and into the line of passing traffic, which would slow them down and create unnecessary frustration. Not very safe at all.

Have they started resurfacing again then? My road due to be done and desperately needs it. In August I e-mailed Streets Ahead and they said 'within three month's. Time's nearly up and no sign of activity. Website very short on updates.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Have they started resurfacing again then? My road due to be done and desperately needs it. In August I e-mailed Streets Ahead and they said 'within three month's. Time's nearly up and no sign of activity. Website very short on updates.

They did the rest of Langsett Avenue and Marlcliffe Road when the kids were on holiday. So it seems like it.

They don't seem to be resuming where they left off in any way shape or form. This takes the mickey out of their 'zonal approach' a bit. Cycling to and from Sharrow to Norton Lees every day you go from resurfaced roads to seriously potholed roads, damaged to base layer, constantly.

Their communication has been terrible on this- all they needed to do was put something on the website along the lines of 'there's been a delay of three/six/nine months' to the times on their zonal map. This was still up last time I looked and obviously hopelessly out of date!

Just say what's happened Amey instead of letting the rumour mill run full tilt, when you've already got endless bad press from the trees debacle.