Sign in to follow this  

Looking for an outstanding hotel for weekend away

Title says it all really :D

Me and BF are planning a weekend away for our 3 years anniversary in just over 1 month! :clap: We're looking for somewhere with a nice atmosphere, classy, luxurious... Cost isn't an issue :P

We don't care where it is (Pref not too far away... But a nice drive would be good too...)

It can be in the middle of nowhere and have no amenities... :heyhey: (Don't start with the smut...)

We don't care how much it costs...

It just has to be very very nice with fine dining and a bar so we don't have to go far for a drink... Room service would be good...

Go on... Get thinking guys... You were young once.. lol! :heyhey:

This is a fair distance, approx 5 hours drive but the hotel and City are amazing.

Cardiff Hilton International.

Situated across the road from cardiff caste, breathtaking views and also right in the city centre. Cardiff itself is amazing for a night out.

The Hotel is rated 5*

Has a bar and restaurant, reasonably priced but as i said earlier with the centre of town only round the corner, your choice of food and drinking establishments is endless.

for our anniversary i went to http://www.dragonhelicopters.co.uk and had a helidining experience.

it involved travelling by helicopter to ringwoodhall hotel near chesterfield,

two nights accom. chaufer back to sheffield to collect our car.

very very pampered, champagne upon arrival butler service a la carte food the works,

around 400 quid but well worth it

And is Caprice going to read these answers now she's announced her couple of month absence whilst she kicks her forum addiction?

Or is this thread her excuse to come back? ;)

Oooh congratulations Caprice!!!

I'd say for a city break, try the Malmaison in Manc or Leeds (or one of their other locations for somewhere further afield), orThe Lowry Hotel is supposed to be superb- and looks it!

For more "country hotel" type places, I can recommend the Marriott Breadsall Priory- not too far away look or further away is the Selsdon Park Hotel which, despite the unfortunate accolade of being classified as Croydon, is flipping gorgeous, ask for one of the tower rooms... :thumbsup:

Couple of hours will take you to the Lake District have a look at http://www.sharrowbay.co.uk Luxury, food and the name will remind you of Sheffield!! Seriously it has had some good reviews recently. Hoping to go in October so will post whe we have been.

tulip hotel opposite trafford centre. biggie with the footballers.

very contemporrary styling & 2 minutes walk for retail therapy.

the lowryis okay but not sure if it's worth the price, stayed last year for charity event - the actual set up resembles a prison block.

My boyf took me to a wonderful hotel in Hope in february for valentines day, Losehill House - website: http://www.losehillhouse.co.uk

It was absolutely gorgeous. Surrounded by the hills and countryside, truly amazing food, free books and boardgames, lovely room and a great shower! It's also got a lovely pool which we had to ourselves most of the time, a jacuzzi outside and a sauna. It's roughly a 15 minute walk into Hope itself (where there is a fab chinese restaurant) and a short drive into Castleton. Takes about 40 mins from sheffield to get there...

It's the sort of place where you can dressed up for dinner and not feel silly - the staff were so so friendly and we had the best time! So much so, I'd really like to get married there....

AND... I know you said cost wasnt an issue but it's remarkably reasonably priced considering how lovely it is....

stay at mine caprice, im sure my mum would love to see you again, lol :P

Lol Oooo Mickyhix, don't you go airing all my dirty laundry on here! :o