Sign in to follow this  

Motley Crue - Wednesday night...

...awsome night!!! The band that brought sleaze back to rock showed everyone how it's meant to be done!!!

Looking forward to Friday night in Birmingham when I get to meet them (not that I'm boasting!!) :headbang:

What were Killing Joke like?

Originally posted by jake

What were Killing Joke like?

I thought they were really good. Never heard their music before but i think i'll have a look at at a cd or two. Can you recommend one?

Arrrghh i'm soooo jealous !! Would've loved to see Motley Crue, alas i'm too skint :( Was it like a *greatest hits* type show, or do they have a new album ? Give NikkiSixx & Tommy Lee a MWAH XX from me please ;)

Killing Joke - I LOVE their 80s stuff, *Love like Blood* is an all time classic IMHO, but I saw them live for the first time a couple of years back, and i thought they were very disappointing. They played all of their newer/rockier stuff, and NO Love Like Blood............ *whimpers*

Good to hear they went down OK - had wondered how they're fair with a Motley Crue crowd - thought it was a weird pairing.

Anyway... "Laugh? I Nearly Bought One" is a reasonable comp, "Nightime" is the mid 80s album with their two hits (Love like Blood & Eighties - with a riff that Kurt Cobain had obviously heard!), "Killing Joke" & "Whats THIS for" are the two classic early 80s albums - though pretty full on post punk stuff and Killing Joke- the album - is the most recent one - and they do rock like bast*rds considering they're all well into their 40s!

I would say Killing Joke got a good response from the crowd, though in fairness I was at the front so maybe not a good judgement. I'll see if i'm still impressed with them tomorrow night though still think i might buy an album or two.

They are playing in Manchester in in October. I would imagine Acadamy though not sure. Will go and see them I think.

Motley Crue were just awsome!!! Played ALL their songs. I think they only played one new song. Thats what I want to see when i see *old* bands. The songs that got me interested! Not like when I saw Red Hot Chili Peppers who played only new songs. That was a disappointing evening!!

Did i mention i'm meeting them tomorrow night?

(sorry, now i'm boasting and being annoying!!)

Well they played all my favourite tracks........Girls Girls Girls, Looks that kill, Shout at The Devil, Wild Side, Too young to fall in love, Primal Scream, Live Wire, same ol' situation, Red hot...

:clap:

ah, classic \m/

Is Motely Crue's new material any good? The only track i've heard off the "Red White & Crue" album is "Sick Love Song" (which is good but nothing at all on past tracks like "Dr Feelgood", "Looks That Kill", "Too Fast For Love", "Piece Of Your Action" & "Merry-Go-Round")

I went to that gig too. The best thing for me was receiving a free CD outside of a sheffield band called Rise To Addiction. Sounds awesome!

Originally posted by RobT

...awsome night!!! The band that brought sleaze back to rock showed everyone how it's meant to be done!!!

Looking forward to Friday night in Birmingham when I get to meet them (not that I'm boasting!!) :headbang:

:headbang: You lucky bugger, i wish they were coming to sheffield:headbang: glad you had a good night!!

long live monsters of rock!

Killing Joke? Get their debut. I think it's called 'Killing Joke' and it's awesome.

Motley Crue? Vince Neil killed the drummer of a band infinitely better than him and his bunch of cronies will ever be. How he's still allowed to enjoy any form of hero worship is beyond me. Shouldn't even be on the streets.

Originally posted by Grachan

Killing Joke? Get their debut. I think it's called 'Killing Joke' and it's awesome.

Motley Crue? Vince Neil killed the drummer of a band infinitely better than him and his bunch of cronies will ever be. How he's still allowed to enjoy any form of hero worship is beyond me. Shouldn't even be on the streets.

thats a bit harsh even tho vince neil is a bit of a tosser and anyway i always thought that hanoi rocks where a bit crap