Tribute to Sass from CRB

Hi

Spoke to Mick tonight, from CRB, and he informed me there is a accoustic tribue to Sass on Friday 1st July at Cha Chaz.

Should be a really good night.

By the way i'm posting this message drunk, so if i'm wrong...please correct me and forgive me!!

Cheers

Rob

They announced the tribute on July 1st in The Nelson last night and the details you have posted are correct as I heard them.

I will miss this as I will be away on holiday :( Really wanted to attend too. I will spare a thought on the night for the big fella, I missed out on going to the CRB last night, did anybody go and how was the mood there?

I missed out on going to the CRB last night, did anybody go and how was the mood there? [/b]

The mood was quite down but a lot of CRB regulars wearing their CRB t-shirts. I think everyone enjoyed themselve.

From Sarah (CRB)

The Acoustic night is going ahead for definite on Friday 1st July At Cha Cha's (next to the Mad Greek restaurant)

We're still collaring some of Sheffields finest to play (there's no escape!) so details to follow. These are all Sass' friends and his favourites so details will follow soon

Sass got leave of absense from the hospital for the last two nights in the CRB, It meant a lot to him to be there. Although he didn't get to realise the dream for a CRB 2 we can best honour his memory by keeping the music scene in Sheffield alive.

His comments on the government/councils plans to kill off live music are largely unprintable but in polite parlance he equated live music with freedom of speech

So........Rock n' Roll over?

NAAAAH!

is the meet outside the CRB at 7 still going ahead - Andrea mentioned it to me but she was a bit pi**ed

Originally posted by f_g

is the meet outside the CRB at 7 still going ahead - Andrea mentioned it to me but she was a bit pi**ed

Not heard about this...what is happening ?

well from what i was told we were meeting at 7 in the CRB carpark to light some candles and have a little drink first.

sorry i read the date wrong thats actually ment to be this friday!

we certainly were'nt anything approaching sober but idea was to meet up at the old CRB this friday 17th around 7pm onwards and show our respect to Sass at the place we always thought of as 2nd home - as well as the 'official' night at cha cha's on 1st July - Hope to see you all there

If anyone would like to volunteer to write a piece in Beer Matters magazine please PM me - It would be much better written by someone who knew him well and went to the CRB regularly.