What's the best or worst job you've ever had

The best and most exciting job I ever had as security supervisor at Sheffield College. Every day was different and I never knew what was going to happen next.

The worst I ever had was working in a pickle onion factory, lasted three weeks but couldn't get rid of the smell for about six weeks. I can't even stand to look at a jar of onions now.

My most enjoyable and worst job were both working for henry Boot. I was based near Derby and used to travel all over the country doing a variety of tasks for them, that was fun. However one job was a traffic survey count in a village near melton Mowbray, two hours in the morning and two in the evening counting rush hour traffic. The villagers were soon aware of a stranger in their midst and would drive past eyeing me up suspiciously although in a week only two of them had the courage to confront me and ask me what I was up to. The news spread that a dual carriageway was going to go through the village which made me the least popular guy in the area and conversation in the village shop would stop abruptly as soon asa I came through the door. Needless to ssay there was no dual carriageway planned and certainly not mentioned by me.

Worst would have to be working in Morrisons bakery at Ecclesfield when I was 16... I'm not an early (5.30am!!) morning person :)

Best.. Well for the job and experience, would have to be the one overseas that I've just finished.

Unfortunately I can't say what I was doing or who I was working for, but it was in Iraq :D

GazB

The worst Job doing work for a client who in the end didn't pay me despite his client paying him only to bankrupt himself soon later and restart the company under a new name.

Edited by John
Updated

Worst job - working in an industrial laundry. You would not believe the filthy state of underwear that needed washing. It was not uncommon to find you'd washed and dried turds. Ugh!

Best job - providng an emergency service which entailed working evenings, nights, weekends and Bank Holidays. Did it for over 20 years. Loved it!

Worst job: driving a fork lift truck (can you imagine me doing that?) :D Luckily my licence has now expired!

Best job: Managing a large call centre in Sheffield. Loved it, although I was regularly woken up in the middle of the night when things went tits up!

K x

I Had a heavy lifting job: Hod carrier at stone Henge.

I was employed by Clark's shoe shop : Taking the hush puppies out for a walk.

Got a job at H.Samuels.: Cleaning sh** out of Cuckoo clocks.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by neeeeeeeeeek

Sausage factory in handsworth. Say no more!

ive worked there too. managed a whole week on nights before i jacked it in :clap:

Hi

Not quite the same subject but does anyone know where I could get a job as a tree surgeon's grounds man in sheffield?

Worst was a night job in the jelly room of a pork pie factory, luckily i got ill and they fired me! my mum was so mad at them that she didn't make me get another job all summer!

best... once dressed up as a giant orange cow to promote a club night and that was pretty fun, worked for two months in a camp in new mexico as well!!!

Worst Job - The Ice Cream factory near Meadowhall :gag: Things I would do to get me through College :shakes:

Best job, the one Im in now :) But thats about as much as I can say ;)