Parkgate Shopping Centre gridlocked due to fire 20/07/2018

Not Sheffield related I know BUT Parkgate Shopping area gridlocked due to large fire nearby at MFS furniture store. Nothing moving in or out of centre due to road closeure and cars breaking down in queues.

I read about this on FACEBOOK four minutes after it started, or was first noticed. I am glad I didn't go that way today. You don't know what would be in the air. Also, it is Sheffield orientated, when you get those Tram Trains running from Sheffield to Parkgate, later on in the year.

Not Sheffield related I know BUT Parkgate Shopping area gridlocked due to large fire nearby at MFS furniture store. Nothing moving in or out of centre due to road closeure and cars breaking down in queues.

Quite a bit of exaggeration there! Didn't see one car broken down and walked from parkgate to parkgate 2 and to Bunnings! Traffic was slow getting out, but getting in could only be made from Greasbourgh end and was a lot quicker than usual. Time to get probably added 10 minutes to usual at rush hour

My son was at Parkgate at the begining of the fire, the fire brigade hadn't even arrived. He was stuck there for an hour because of gridlock.

We was there too and didn't get stuck for that long and expected being sat there for ages, 15mins max and out

We was there too and didn't get stuck for that long and expected being sat there for ages, 15mins max and out

That was your experience, my sons was different as others will have a different experience. It doesn't mean they are wrong.

So lets get to the bottom of this.

What we know for sure was that an incident occured and caused some heavier than normal traffic and longer than normal passage of time through a main throughfare.

Then, dependant on where you were or how dramatic you like to tell a tale, tell people were either delayed by a few extra minutes or it was total chaotic gridlock and the end of the world as we know it.... Right?

If ever there was a more perfect example of learning not to take a headline at face value this sort of posting and its associated facebook strom is it.

:o:o

So lets get to the bottom of this.

What we know for sure was that an incident occured and caused some heavier than normal traffic and longer than normal passage of time through a main throughfare.

Then, dependant on where you were or how dramatic you like to tell a tale, tell people were either delayed by a few extra minutes or it was total chaotic gridlock and the end of the world as we know it.... Right?

If ever there was a more perfect example of learning not to take a headline at face value this sort of posting and its associated facebook strom is it.

Yawn! What we know for sure is the people who were there had different experiences. Simple.

That was your experience, my sons was different as others will have a different experience. It doesn't mean they are wrong.

Nobody said anyone was wrong! Just saying hard to see it took anyone an hour when was in the area a friend's left at an hour after us.

There is no right or wrong, stating title was a bit over kill as he's it was chaos but far from gridlock

Nobody said anyone was wrong! Just saying hard to see it took anyone an hour when was in the area a friend's left at an hour after us.

There is no right or wrong, stating title was a bit over kill as he's it was chaos but far from gridlock

You are disputing the statements of others by saying "It's hard to believe".

You are disputing the statements of others by saying "It's hard to believe".

Like I said I find it hard to believe, as I was there followed by some friends too. My opinion to waste an hour they must have driven up to the far end of the car park and let everyone go! The free bus only took 25 mins from drop off to go up to the round sbout and back down to get out so see it difficult for anyone to take longer than this. But as said just my view of being there and it certainly weren't any more stand still than normal

Edited by haddy

Like I said I find it hard to believe, as I was there follow3d by some friends too. My opinion to waste an hour they must have drive up to the far end of the car park and let everyone go! The free bus only took 25 mins from drop off to go up to the round sbout and back down to get out so see it difficult for anyone to take longer than this. But as said just my v9ew of being there and it certainly weren't any more stand still than normal

What? Had a few to many have you?