Jersey has a feral chicken problem lol

Just been listening on the Radio2 show about this. Families get their young children baby chicks as pets, then they are released when the birds are older.

I can only assume there are no foxes on the island as that would very quickly sort the problem.

A few years ago a fisherman on the Rotrherham/Sheffield canal told about members of our migrant community who were putting nets across and “trawling” from either side of the embankment. I can imagine that chickens roaming around the Ferham area would be welcomed and would not remain a problem for very long at all.

Just been listening on the Radio2 show about this. Families get their young children baby chicks as pets, then they are released when the birds are older.

I can only assume there are no foxes on the island as that would very quickly sort the problem.

A few years ago a fisherman on the Rotrherham/Sheffield canal told about members of our migrant community who were putting nets across and “trawling” from either side of the embankment. I can imagine that chickens roaming around the Ferham area would be welcomed and would not remain a problem for very long at all.

Been loads of times, never noticed a chicken problem. Don't think there are foxes, never seen one.