Eurovision "Song" Contest.

I did not watch any of this "contest" on TV but my ears have been assaulted by hearing the winning ditty on the wireless.

Time we just ended taking part if a complete dirge of a song is voted as the winner. It's become a joke, but it's not really funny is it.

We are looked on as the nasty man of Europe and have no chance whatever of winning, so let's retire from it and let them get on with it.

My Missus tells me our "proper singer" had the mike taken off her by some idiot who ran onto the stage. Good job this imbecile did not have a knife in his hand. Another reason to kick this debacle into touch.

Angel1.

......I won my bet that we would be in the bottom three again,before I heard any entries.

Now got politically farcical,it was even before Brexit.......how did we arrive from one of the most brilliant pop music producing countries in the world to compete with bonkers chickenpoo songs like the winner!

I’ve never heard such trash as the winning song.! When you look back and compare it to Waterloo by ABBA it’s unbeilevable !

It's an all pc competition with absolute drivel,anyone who watched it must be easily pleased.

We are looked on as the nasty man of Europe and have no chance whatever of winning, so let's retire from it and let them get on with it.

With the anti Europe rhetoric coming from the brexiters that's hardly surprising is it.

It's a bit of fun, get a grip. Nobody forces you to watch it.

how did we arrive from one of the most brilliant pop music producing countries in the world to compete with bonkers chickenpoo songs like the winner!

We don't put any decent songs in and then complain when we don't win.

The was a time when our entry to the competition would be top of the UK charts - now you never hear of it until immediately before the competition. Instead of fielding know capable musicians we put forward someone not long out of stage school who might have been in the chorus of a west end show or dig up some old has been.

Incidentally, the winning country stages the next one which costs about £18m. Do you really want us to win?

I’ve never heard such trash as the winning song.! When you look back and compare it to Waterloo by ABBA it’s unbeilevable !

I recall that the UK gave ABBA's 'Waterloo' nil points.

I already have visions of what the remix of that winning song is going to sound like.

It isn't really sung, she rather shouts it out there.

With the anti Europe rhetoric coming from the brexiters that's hardly surprising is it.
.........more like anti British voting coming from Europe!

It's we and the Americans that dominate and have dominated pop music from day one and they can't compete, only by disrespecting us in something as crappy as Eurovision. Hopefully after Brexit we will no longer be allowed to compete!

.. Hopefully after Brexit we will no longer be allowed to compete!

Entry into this has nothing to do with EU membership.

It's a bit of fun, get a grip. Nobody forces you to watch it.

I don’t watch it as it’s too boring. I saw the winning song on the news.

---------- Post added 13-05-2018 at 16:11 ----------

I recall that the UK gave ABBA's 'Waterloo' nil points.

Did they really ? Wonder what happened to that group ? :hihi: