Devonshire Cat re-opening

Next week!

The press and industry launch is on Thursday. It`ll be interesting to see what it looks like. Since Abbeydale took it over it`s been on the up.

Next week!

The press and industry launch is on Thursday. It`ll be interesting to see what it looks like. Since Abbeydale took it over it`s been on the up.

From the limited amount of pictures circulating of the construction, it seems it was a complete 'rip out and start again'. With what looks like a new central island bar. I can only hope that is the case as it will improve the pub a lot. Was sometimes quite difficult to get through the crowds to the bar right at the back.

Really looking forward to the re-opening and hope the layout makes it easier to get to the bar - used to often be big crowds loitering around the bar and getting in the way.

Not a huge fan of Abbeydale beers but their guests have always been good and it's a good 'something for everyone' pub.

Really looking forward to the re-opening and hope the layout makes it easier to get to the bar - used to often be big crowds loitering around the bar and getting in the way.

Not a huge fan of Abbeydale beers but their guests have always been good and it's a good 'something for everyone' pub.

Good points. Heard mixed things about it so far. Think it opened on Sunday.

Aye, I know. I saw a advertisement in ' City Mag '.

I went on Thursday night and was very impressed, the place has been reinvented in a good way.

The move to an island bar has split the room up a bit so it doesn't feel like a Wetherspoonesque drinking barn anymore, creating 4 different drinking and dining areas all of which feel much more intimate and atmospheric, the latter also helped by the changes to the lighting. The decor has also been updated so it feels a bit more modern and stylish too.

In terms of what is on the bar, they still have 12 real ales although they aren't all in one place, likewise with the expanded range of craft keg beers. However there is a big blackboard listing all the draft beers, which had some decent stuff on there. They have also introduced a cocktail list, some of which involve beer.

Not had a meal there yet, but the food I saw looked good!

Agree they have done a good job but one major criticism they sell all those hundreds of beers yet there is no beer menu on the tables to give you an idea of the differences maybe that's to come

Just speculating, but that may be because the range will be constantly changing?

Guest makapaka

Hope it's not denounced within days of opening by all the new found beer experts if it doesn't sell the precise drink they like.

What brewery will be supplying it?

Hopefully they have a good choice of beer still!

What brewery will be supplying it?

Hopefully they have a good choice of beer still!

Many and various! Abbeydale own it so will supply the 'core' beers, but cask and keg guests will be from near and far...

Hope it's not denounced within days of opening by all the new found beer experts if it doesn't sell the precise drink they like.

I went last night and there was no Watneys Red Barrel or Double Diamond. Disgraceful.