Flying ants days

Anyone had their flying ants day(s) yet, just spotted one in S12 when I went to collect the bin, must be due.

Its Strange , haven't seen any yet here in Spain this year

Cant understand the point of them , when we do get them they just seem to land in the pool and drown , why ??

Talking of creepy crawly s haven't seen any earwigs for a few years , we used to get millions ! are they still about in the UK ?

Cheers Tony

Its Strange , haven't seen any yet here in Spain this year

Cant understand the point of them , when we do get them they just seem to land in the pool and drown , why ??

Talking of creepy crawly s haven't seen any earwigs for a few years , we used to get millions ! are they still about in the UK ?

Cheers Tony

My friend mentioned earwigs yesterday saying she hadn't seen one for years.

So where have all the earwigs gone ? , must admit I dont really miss them much though ! :)

Tony in Spain

:( whats with all the flying ants! HUGE ones!! Just been to walk the dogs and they were everywhere! Even flying into me! Ive never walked so fast home and been on such a short walk. They are disgusting.

---------- Post added 02-08-2015 at 19:27 ----------

Friend also reported loads in rotherham this afternoon and a friend in doncaster. Must be the day for them up north.

A nest erupted in my garden around 4.30 this afternoon. A different location to last year, and a couple of weeks later if I remember correctly.

It took about half an hour for them all to fly off.

Horrible things. In Birdwell today we've had millions of them in our and other neighbours gardens. :gag:

Saw one, but I think the real flying ant-day is probably tomorrow as it normally swarms round our house.

This afternoon, a fantastic natural spectacle.

Saw one, but I think the real flying ant-day is probably tomorrow as it normally swarms round our house.

Yeah ... it's not been advertised as such, but it is of course the time of year for the Hillsborough Tree Penguins 'Summer at the Barracks' festival.

Attractions include 'Pin the tail on a sardine' and 'Guess how many licorice allsorts in the penguin's tummy'.

Of course, the main attraction is the flying ants, who come from far and wide to compete in the 'Red Bull-penguin Schneider trophy' hoping to set new flying records for both speed and acrobatics.

This year's special attraction will feature the flying stunt ants who famously dressed up as Nanites to eat both trucks and Keanu Reeves in the 2008 re-make of 'The Day The Earth Stood Still' ... seen in action

in some of their glory. Believe it or not, only one ant was slightly injured whilst filming that particular stunt! :o Edited by Alcoblog

The flying ants happened here outside my house on Longley around 5 pm tonight

I was going through my potato grow bag and saw a earwig, so theyre not all dead :)