Tree Surgeon recommendations

We have an old oak tree in the back garden which unfortunately has to go as it is too close to our and the neighbours house and have got planning permission for the same. Can any one recommend a reasonably priced tree surgeon for the job?

Also does any one know if you can use the oak wood in any way or sell it to a saw mill or something as it is a fine tree and seems a shame to see it just turn into mulch.

A tree surgeon lives just down the road from me, I will try and get his number for you tomorrow, He's reasonably priced and will be able to point you in the right direction for selling your wood after :thumbsup:

It's a great pity you're having to cut the tree down :( Maybe you could arrange for some of the wood to be made into a beautiful bench for your garden.

It's a great pity you're having to cut the tree down :( Maybe you could arrange for some of the wood to be made into a beautiful bench for your garden.

That would be a great idea.

I wonder if any local carpenters would be interested in creating something unique for your garden to replace the tree??

Thanks guys,

Yes, it is a shame to see the tree go, but its roots are damaging the boundry wall and neigbours drain system. Yep bench definately seems a great idea. Just remembered i know some one who is a talented wood artist and had done a fine job at the endcliffe park festival. He might be able to put the wood to good use!

I do hope you can get something useful made from it - don't forget to let us know how you get on and post a photo of the end result. :thumbsup:

Does anyone know a good cheap tree surgeon in the Sheffield area please :)

I used to be good, and far too cheap, but I'm trying to give it up...

Does anyone know a good cheap tree surgeon in the Sheffield area please :)
what exactly do you need doing please ?

Need the lot out if possible please

Edited by neilos