Norton Retail Park - St James

If that's how it's going to be at the weekends it's going to cause a lot of issues and quite a few lost sales for the shops as people will go elsewhere.

They aren't losing sales at all if the place is full to capacity.

the problem has started already the car park is not big enough and its not even fully open,it was always going to be a problem,and with the roundabouts so near that adds up to more problems,never mind if theres local events

the problem has started already the car park is not big enough and its not even fully open

I thought it was fully open, are there shops that haven't yet opened?

They aren't losing sales at all if the place is full to capacity.

If people are turning away and going elsewhere, surely that means that they're not getting as many customers as they could?

And so not as many sales.

If people are turning away and going elsewhere, surely that means that they're not getting as many customers as they could?

And so not as many sales.

If they are turning away because the park is full then they are clearly at maximum capacity and the shops will be doing very well indeed.

Several weeks in and business remains brisk as witnessed today.

Greggs and Costa seem very busy in the mornings from 9am, with long queues. Im finding Aldi, Wilkos, M&S and Greggs very handy. I rarely use Next but I was able to collect an internet order from their Norton store which was handy. Cant see me using any of the other shops really.

Come Christmas i will find this retail park very handy - will be able to give Meadowhall a very wide swerve. :thumbsup:

Come Christmas i will find this retail park very handy - will be able to give Meadowhall a very wide swerve. :thumbsup:

I managed to do that just after it opened. :hihi:

Edited by Calahonda

If it’s busy now it will likely be a huge success as new sites usually take a while to establish the limiting factor is going to be th car parking though

If they are turning away because the park is full then they are clearly at maximum capacity and the shops will be doing very well indeed.

But for how long? When people can't find a parking space there's a tendency to go elsewhere next time.

But for how long? When people can't find a parking space there's a tendency to go elsewhere next time.

I think generally they will return if the shopping centre is conveniently located for them.