Daft pictures of hard done to people in the 'papers'

OMG.

would you want those two popping round for a cup of tea?

And is sister is expecting (aren't they all?) whilst living in a poky flat.

It breaks my heart.

Sheffield man left out of pocket and angry at council after toilet explodes with waste from flats above

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-man-left-out-of-pocket-and-angry-at-council-after-toilet-explodes-with-waste-from-flats-above-1-9338255

To be fair I'd be pretty annoyed if I was him, and at least he's not pointing at the toilet or shaking his fist at the sky in mock outrage.

I was with her right up to reading this

Dr Siobhan O'Dwyer, who has a PhD in Philosophy

Ah so not a REAL doctor.

There are several members of my family that have Phds, none within the medical profession and all think being called Dr is ridiculous without medical knowledge.

Mum slams school for demanding £1 back after son borrowed it for bus fare.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/06/mum-slams-school-for-demanding-1-back-after-son-borrowed-it-for-bus-fare-7921061/?ito=social

Must have been a really slow news day. Poor kid will never live this down...

Ah so not a REAL doctor.

There are several members of my family that have Phds, none within the medical profession and all think being called Dr is ridiculous without medical knowledge.

What a strange stance to take. IMO more fool them.

As you should know Doctorates can apply to medical, research, accademia, sciences, engineering or even law.

If I was in such position, just because the masses automatically assume Dr = medical it would not stop me from using my well earned titlement nor dumb down my qualification to suit other people's assumptions.

If people can pay £9.99 on the internet and become a Lord I certainly see no reason why any qualified profession would choose to ignore their applicable title.

Edited by ECCOnoob
typo

Ah so not a REAL doctor.

I have a PhD and think she was misguided in complaining. However, I don’t think being called doctor is ridiculous in any way shape or form, and I will demand it in an academic context.