Relocation of stocksbridge waste water treatment works

Signs up now saying roadworks 19th March til December!

It did say December 18, but you never know!

got another letter today from the good people at yorkshire water! phase 1 from monday 19 march they will start to lay the new sewer they'll have two sets of temporary traffic lights along manchester rd.they'll be between our existing treatment works and our new one being built next to ewden clean water treatment works.these lights will move as we progress and will be in place 24 hours a day,7 days a week however,they will be removed every other weekend .......phase 2 we'll need to close manchester rd. for 6 weeks during the school holidays the road will close from saturday 21 july to sunday 2 september..

---------- Post added 16-03-2018 at 21:57 ----------

whilst the road is closed a clearly signposted diversion will be in place via vaughton hill,a616 stocksbridge bypass,a61 penistone rd,halifax rd,lepping lane,middlewood rd. phase 3.....following the summer holidays, we'll re open the road and return to two way traffic lights until the new pipe is fully installed. we expect to complete the work by christmas!!!!!

I wonder what effect this will have on response times for emergency vehicles, to say residents who live around Morehall and the few houses along Manchester Rd.

My heart sank when it was confirmed that they would be moving the sewage works,i remember the disruption i had when the road was closed for nigh on two years after the road collapsed in the floods.I was one step away from being sectioned through anger and despair:hihi:.I can feel all this coming back on already,and the reason for a years disruption,im guessing, is so that Bloor homes can charge more for the homes they are building.I cant wait for another 1000 plus cars negotiating Manchester road at rush hour when the homes are built.I will have to start going to work at 4.00 in the morning and stay at work till 7.00 at night to try and avoid it all.Does anybody want to buy a two bedroomed house in the Don valley?:hihi::hihi:

got another letter today from the good people at yorkshire water! phase 1 from monday 19 march they will start to lay the new sewer they'll have two sets of temporary traffic lights along manchester rd.they'll be between our existing treatment works and our new one being built next to ewden clean water treatment works.these lights will move as we progress and will be in place 24 hours a day,7 days a week however,they will be removed every other weekend .......phase 2 we'll need to close manchester rd. for 6 weeks during the school holidays the road will close from saturday 21 july to sunday 2 september..

---------- Post added 16-03-2018 at 21:57 ----------

whilst the road is closed a clearly signposted diversion will be in place via vaughton hill,a616 stocksbridge bypass,a61 penistone rd,halifax rd,lepping lane,middlewood rd. phase 3.....following the summer holidays, we'll re open the road and return to two way traffic lights until the new pipe is fully installed. we expect to complete the work by christmas!!!!!

Good afternoon, thanks for sharing that information it was really helpful

Just a quick update on this, I spotted the road closure warnings near the top of Vaughton Hill as I was on my way to work this morning...I'm pretty sure it said from the 23rd July rather than the 21st as stated on the website.

Also , i was talking to the lads in the dump it site in Deepcar yesterday ,and it will be closed for six weeks during the full road closure.

Fly tipping will be everywhere .

phase 2 work will go ahead as planned during the school holidays and manchester road will be closed from midnight on sunday 22 july until sunday 2 september at 5pm

---------- Post added 20-07-2018 at 23:04 ----------

closed at deepcar to water treatment plant

Is the tip still accessible does anyone know? I checked the website and it doesn't mention any issues but I'm sure I read somewhere that it would be closed.

Are there any plans for road upgrades in the area then, as a large number of new homes are being built by fox valley so quite an increase in road traffic.

The bridge at Deepcar is only one car wide IIRC.

no its wide enough for two cars but restricted for some reason