Thailand Cave Rescue.

It's good to hear that the children are soon to be discharged from hospital and returned to their families.

If Vern Unsworth decides to take legal action, I do hope he wins.

Edited by petemcewan

The rescuers just got on with the job, in a quiet professional manner using the best available equipment and expertise. Unlike Musk, they did not waste time on Twitter and Facebook beating out self-promoting antics. I don't believe he is a complete idiot, but on the evidence available from even the news reports it was obvious that his submarine would not fit through some of the tight passageways and sharp corners. Musk was unnecessarily wasting people's time with is.grandstanding

you would have thought that he would first contact the rescue team to see if a rigid tube would be a viable option before going to the press etc....sounds like a publicity stunt to me

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 14:14 ----------

It's good to hear that the children are soon to be discharged from hospital and returned to their families.

If Vern Unsworth decides to take legal action, I do hope he wins.

so do I but I don't think he'd stand much chance against a multi billionare like musk.not hard for someone like muskrat and his cronies to start greasing palms in a country where alot of people live in poverty

The rescuers just got on with the job, in a quiet professional manner using the best available equipment and expertise. Unlike Musk, they did not waste time on Twitter and Facebook beating out self-promoting antics. I don't believe he is a complete idiot, but on the evidence available from even the news reports it was obvious that his submarine would not fit through some of the tight passageways and sharp corners. Musk was unnecessarily wasting people's time with is.grandstanding

you would have thought that he would first contact the rescue team to see if a rigid tube would be a viable option before going to the press etc....sounds like a publicity stunt to me

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 14:14 ----------

so do I but I don't think he'd stand much chance against a multi billionare like musk.not hard for someone like muskrat and his cronies to start greasing palms in a country where alot of people live in poverty

Musks donation offers of pumps and powerpacks is good...

His idea of an inflating nylon tube was odd but might have worked...

then he gets butthurt about someone rightly pointing out the sub wont fit round corners and goes off on his rant - what a way to annoy everyone and undo all his good work....

I too hope he gets a good kicking for libel.... and he can easily be sued in the UK no need to do it in Thailand...

Its amazing the good that can be done if you don't care who gets the credit." George Catlett Marshall, US Army supremo during WW2, an amazing leader and author of the Marshall Plan the put western Europe back on its feet after the war.

Can't see that applying to Elon Musk. He could have quietly contributed via funds for the operation, to the family of the Thai diver who died, and to the Thai farmers whose fields were flooded and crops lost during the pump-out.

But no, he came up with a useless device that had no chance of working. Anyone who was paying any attention would have been aware that the route out was twisted, tight and not suited to machinery.

But he got plenty of media attention! Boxed tick, for the carpetbagger.

He appears to be having a breakdown from what I've seen, either that or he's taking twitter lessons from Trump.

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 16:41 ----------

I too hope he gets a good kicking for libel.... and he can easily be sued in the UK no need to do it in Thailand...

Do it in the US surely, much larger payout likely that way.

Obelix,

You are quite right in your opinion.

Mountaineering and rock climbing have their fair share of fatalities-Mt Everest having its quotient of deaths. Mountaineering, rock climbing and caving can kill you. But so long as the human species has a sense of adventure, these sports (they are not games) will flourish. Let's keep the dynamite safely in its box.

I’d heard that the government had considered banning caving due to the dangers...

...but that would have just driven it underground.

Here's a sensible non-sensationalist report from someone who actually knows what happened.

Great stuff, thank you for that link. Kudos to everyone involved in this wonderful ending to what might have been a disaster with the whole World looking in.

---------- Post added 17-07-2018 at 00:24 ----------

Great. Multi billionaire throws his toys out of the pram & tries to ruin someone's life into the bargain.

https://news.sky.com/story/british-cave-diver-mulls-legal-action-against-elon-musk-after-tycoon-brands-him-paedo-11438588

Musk is an Ox, or in this case an Ass.

Musk has really lost some credibility with his now deleted Twitter rants. Many have questioned why he's willing to pony up the dosh for this sub yet stays silent on other areas that would benefit from his money and technology.