The Walking Dead? The storyline is dead!

This series could have been great, but yet again Hollywood dumbs down to it's core status. Not just the superfluous racism in episode one, but the idiotic script (what's new?)

Not once has there been any type of survival attempts to at least discuss the capture of rain, or 'clean' reservoir/lake water as drinking water, or collecting/growing crops to eat (or raiding shops?)?

Amateur dramatics look great, but without solid common sense, it's just another retarded US show?

Whatever happened to basic survival routines- as per the life saving doctrines laid out in the Ray Mears programmes, etc.

It's about Zombies, if you want survival tips watch Ray Mears!

I quite enjoyed it, it's far from great but reasonably entertaining American trash! I enjoyed the first few, not watched the final one yet.

This series could have been great, but yet again Hollywood dumbs down to it's core status. Not just the superfluous racism in episode one, but the idiotic script (what's new?)

Not once has there been any type of survival attempts to at least discuss the capture of rain, or 'clean' reservoir/lake water as drinking water, or collecting/growing crops to eat (or raiding shops?)?

Amateur dramatics look great, but without solid common sense, it's just another retarded US show?

Whatever happened to basic survival routines- as per the life saving doctrines laid out in the Ray Mears programmes, etc.

Awww diddums.

I was making comments about the reality of the script vs fantasy show. Judging the replies, then, the script is for zombies?

Like someone else said here, the sarcasm is 3rd rate by brave idiots sat at a distance. Nice place.

Haven't seen it yet (waiting for Blu Ray in 2 weeks), but really?

I know, personally, that I'd find a discussion about drinkable rainwater simply riveting.

And farming! Well, where do I sign up for Zombies do Countryfile? :P

Edit: I do know what you mean about reality, but, let's face it: this is a show about ZOMBIES :)

Edited by Karis
Reason!

I'm sure your friends are whooping and hollering at your wit...

People wander about in scorching heat for weeks after civilisation ends, and never want to eat or drink? Gimme a break.

Edited by aelfheah

People wander about in scorching heat for weeks after civilisation ends, and never want to eat or drink? Gimme a break.

And I see you just want to rant and not make any friends.

Good luck with that! :gag:

They are on the outskirts of a city which they went into to get supplies. They are camped next to a bloody great big lake / reservoir and fish in it and I would assume they would also use it as a source of water.

If you want realism why are you watching a program about Zombies?

The OP has a point- only later was the lake (has anyone tested it clean?) included into the story. No-one previously bothered to find water sources, fresh or edible food, gun stores, etc?

I agree though to a point- fantasy show, but at least don't be a zombie scriptwriter?

And I see you just want to rant and not make any friends.

Good luck with that! :gag:

Why is it a 'rant'? He seems to be making sense to me- Hollywood shows are exciting, but dumbed down.

Was there really racism in episode 1?.Been a while since I watched it.but don't recall the racism.Unless you are talking of the racist hick?(was he around in first episode?,can't really remember).

I personally don't see a problem with racist characters that are seen in a bad way,i.e a villain or crook.Its the racists that are seen in a positive way that would bother me.

Anyhow,didn't it make a point?.Especially since the hick was relying on the black guy to help him out?.