A Game of Thrones

Who watched it on Sky Atlantic / downloaded it yesterday? What did you think? As a fan of the book I was really impressed with the sets, cast and production and hope they can keep it up.

We have recorded it but haven't watched it yet. Neither of us have read the books either, so I guess we'll see.

not read the books but Sky+'ed it and watched it this morning and thought it was very good, really enjoyed it.

I liked all the boobies

Loved it. Even if you're not a fan of fantasy, you'll still enjoy it. Just great tv.

i watched it, i enjoyed it, and i dont watch a lot of telly, get bored easily, but it finished quite quick i thought.

very very brutal, specially for telly, wont spoil it for meds.

its definitely for people who like the lord of the rings and fantasy in general, but it is less mystical and far more brutal and.....human?

i watched it, i enjoyed it, and i dont watch a lot of telly, get bored easily, but it finished quite quick i thought.

very very brutal, specially for telly, wont spoil it for meds.

its definitely for people who like the lord of the rings and fantasy in general, but it is less mystical and far more brutal and.....human?

That kinda sells it short. In the book upon which this first series is based the fantasy elements are minimal. It's much more about political machinations and intrigue.

I enjoyed the first ep although as expected it suffered slightly from having to introduce so many characters in just 1 hour so none of them really got to show much depth. Tyrion (The Imp) was probably the best realised.

For those who don't already know, on the strength of the ratings for the first episode HBO have commissioned a second series to be made.

That kinda sells it short. In the book upon which this first series is based the fantasy elements are minimal. It's much more about political machinations and intrigue.

well thats why i said.........human :P

yes it has all that you said but its not quite yes minister, its far more fantasy style was what i was getting at

I enjoyed the first ep although as expected it suffered slightly from having to introduce so many characters in just 1 hour so none of them really got to show much depth. Tyrion (The Imp) was probably the best realised.

For those who don't already know, on the strength of the ratings for the first episode HBO have commissioned a second series to be made.

That's great although a bit odd that they would just do it based on the ratings of the first episode. I imagine a lot of series start off slowly and become more popular but this is such a big budget show that the marketing behind pretty much guaranteed it a large audience for the first episode. I agree about Tyrion, he was very good.

well thats why i said.........human

yes it has all that you said but its not quite yes minister, its far more fantasy style was what i was getting at

It is obvioulsy fantasy but not 'high fantasy'. It's the sort of gritty, dark fantasy that has been around in literature for years but very rarely gets made into tv series / films very well and so therefore the vast majority of people don't even know it exists. There is a very good article on the Guardian website about the series comparing it more to other HBO productions like the Wire and the Sopranoes due to its very complex, multi-threaded storylines, its vast amount of characters and the fact that there are no good and bad guys... every character has their weaknesses and darksides.

Well it's episode 4 and i am totally hooked. The quality of the acting is superb (maybe decent for Bean). Peter Dinklage who plays the 'Imp' is brilliant!

I can't wait for the next episode. Bring it on!

Well it's episode 4 and i am totally hooked. The quality of the acting is superb (maybe decent for Bean). Peter Dinklage who plays the 'Imp' is brilliant!

I can't wait for the next episode. Bring it on!

When i first watched it, i was racking my brains out trying to think who played the King, and i was so amazed when i got who it was that i missed about half the episode mentally... :hihi: