Joe Cocker, what about him..

I have just been watching Joe Cocker on youtube, and the more i watch him the more i am amazed by him, what a Sheffield character, i just wondered if anyone had any personal accounts of him, and would they like to share them..

Edited by banjodeano

I have just been watching Joe Cocker on youtube, and the more i watch him the more i am amazed by him, what a Sheffield character, i just wondered if anyone had any personal accounts of him that they would like to share..

I dont like him, and cant understand what people see in his music.

I dont like him, and cant understand what people see in his music.

I think it must be a male thing Patrtricia...he has an awsome voice...none of that West Life type guff.....

My old man knew him back in the day when he was doing all the Working Mens Clubs in Sheffield. He told me he saw him just before he made it big and was close to packing it all in as he'd got at decent job as a gas fitter.

I think it must be a male thing Patrtricia...he has an awsome voice...none of that West Life type guff.....

I dont think his voice is awesome, ive heard better singers in pubs and clubs, and I dont like Westlife. Im a Sinatra fan actually.:)

My old man knew him back in the day when he was doing all the Working Mens Clubs in Sheffield. He told me he saw him just before he made it big and was close to packing it all in as he'd got at decent job as a gas fitter.

I think he should have stayed as a gas fitter, but then he wouldnt have made as much money would he ?:hihi: His voice just doesnt do anything for me.

I have just been watching Joe Cocker on youtube, and the more i watch him the more i am amazed by him, what a Sheffield character, i just wondered if anyone had any personal accounts of him that they would like to share..

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I've been a fan for 42 years...love him.

My brother-in-law and his 2 brothers grew up with him on Tasker Rd.

I used to babysit my nephew when they went to see him at the Mucky Duck...I was too young to go :( but I've seen him loads of times since and am blown away each time! Got all his stuff and some rare ones too.

(I'm female btw)

I've been a fan for 42 years...love him.

My brother-in-law and his 2 brothers grew up with him on Tasker Rd.

I used to babysit my nephew when they went to see him at the Mucky Duck...I was too young to go :( but I've seen him loads of times since and am blown away each time! Got all his stuff and some rare ones too.

(I'm female btw)

I think with Joe Cocker you either love him or hate him. Him and Rod Stewart are just not my type of singers. Cant understand all that gravelly voice stuff.

Must admit Rod Stewart doesn't do anything for me either, but I like allsorts of music, but the ones I'm 'in' to are Joe, Neil Diamond, Dr Hook and Gene Pitney.

Not really a lover of female singers either....except Dusty (blummin eck am showing my age now.....mind you I'm not embarrassed to admit I'm 27 now:headbang: )

Must admit Rod Stewart doesn't do anything for me either, but I like allsorts of music, but the ones I'm 'in' to are Joe, Neil Diamond, Dr Hook and Gene Pitney.

Not really a lover of female singers either....except Dusty (blummin eck am showing my age now.....mind you I'm not embarrassed to admit I'm 27 now:headbang: )

Neil Diamond isnt bad, but must admit I still think The Governor is the tops.:)

Ah he's great. My mum used to knock about with him when she was young :)