Sign in to follow this  

Relocation Relocation in Sheffield, 14th Jan '04, C4 8pm

I think there is a programme on C4 tonight called "Relocation Relocation" that features a couple who are moving from Darlington to Sheffield - 8pm.

Some people with loads of money are looking for a place in Sheffield.

Ah interesting... you know what or where they are looking at?

I watched it, it was good and showed Sheffield in a very positive light indeed (for once). It was a couple from Darlington selling their 5 bed detached to buy a city living style house/flat in Sheffield to be nearer the mans workplace in Derby, and also a small country house around Gateshead to go to at weekends to be near his son from a past relationship. Their budget was £250k for Sheffield and they looked at the "luxury" apartments on Eccy Rd and West One (I think it was west one) and also some big victorian houses in Crosspool, Nether Edge and Ranmoor. They chose the West One flat (think it was West One). I preferred the house in Crosspool but each to their own. Some good press for Sheffield though I have to say.

PS. This thread should be in the Sheffield Related chat as it will never get the attention it deserves being in the TV forum, and the fact that the programme was in Sheffield is more relevant than the fact that it was on TV.

It was the penthouse apartment in the old baths next to west one which they bought.

Agreed this should have been in the Sheffield related chat for more attention.

What gets me with Location Location/ReLocation ReLocation is they feature many young couples with 300k to spend.

Where on earth am I going wrong? :confused: I don't ever see myself being able to afford a 300k house, not unless I win te lottery that is.

It was nice to see Sheffield in a positive light tho'

Skatie

Originally posted by chri5

It was the penthouse apartment in the old baths next to west one which they bought.

Agreed this should have been in the Sheffield related chat for more attention.

Is this one of the flats that is above the newish Wetherspoons pub on West Street?

So people want to relocate the relocation relocation thread?

Yeah I thought the show did make Sheffield look good, for a change. Hopefully fewer people will have the Full Monty version of Sheffield in their head after watching that.

Originally posted by Dug

Is this one of the flats that is above the newish Wetherspoons pub on West Street?

Yes it was above The Swim Inn.

Have to agree with the others, it was great to see Sheffield portrayed as such a positive and vibrant city.

As for young couples with £300K to spend, did you notice when they went back once they had moved in, they had hardly any furniture, only a table tennis table, so they must have run out of money and be mortgaged up to the hilt.

Personally I wouldn't have bought that place, but then again it was what they wanted, I am sure they will soon get fed up with the .......

Siren noise

Singing drunks....Ingerland...

Traffic noise

Supertram rumble

Urinating in the front entrance

Puke/Syringes/Condoms/Tampax

Kebab wrappers everywhere

Odd tramp sleeping in their lobby

Spiderman Thief - climb onto that balcony and you could spend all day trying to break in, no one would here or see you.

Give me a leafy suburb anyday, dont get me wrong I like the buzz of the city, but I just like to get out of it after a night out.

:thumbsup:

Yeah I noticed the flat looked a bit sparse.

And I agree with the potential problems living in that particular flat, especially the Supertram rumbling past and the drunken noise every Fri and Sat night.

The property at Ranmoor was fantastic, it was a dream. I'd give my right arm to live in a place like that. I can't believe they turned it down in favour of a city centre flat.

Also I don't think they knew a great deal about areas otherwise they might not have been so quick to turn down crosspool and ranmoor.

Anyway hope they are happy, we need more fools, sorry people, to come here and buy these flats, it might make the house prices in the "suberbs" more affordable for us sheffielders!

I couldn't believe the presenters were suggesting that they knock down the internal walls in the Victorian villas to achieve a "larger" living space - in my opinion this would have totally ruined the character of the properties.

Surely this wouldn't have been granted planning permission or building regs or whatever you now need to do such work?