Sign in to follow this  

LOTR: Return of the King

Has anyone seen Return of the King yet? If so, did you enjoy it?

I'm seeing it on Saturday! Can't wait!!!!:banana:

I am going to see it on Monday with the hubby for our anniversary. :)

Moon

Being the geek that I am, I took the day off work yesterday to see it. It was excellent. My single issue with the film is that it is obvious what has been removed from the original 4 hour cut, even as someone that hasn't read the books. Can't wait for the full version on DVD now.

I can't wait to see it, unfortunately I am going away so won't be able to see it until the new year :(

I have read a few reviews, and most say it is brilliant, a couple have said that there are some unnecessarily long scenes in it and that the end drags on a bit.

Apparently, Sam comes into his own in this film with some really good acting. He's come a long way since the Goonies!

I will have to wait and see, Enjoy everyone, I am very jealous.

Originally posted by Foxxx

I can't wait to see it, unfortunately I am going away so won't be able to see it until the new year :(

I have read a few reviews, and most say it is brilliant, a couple have said that there are some unnecessarily long scenes in it and that the end drags on a bit.

Apparently, Sam comes into his own in this film with some really good acting. He's come a long way since the Goonies!

I will have to wait and see, Enjoy everyone, I am very jealous.

Yeah, a lot of people have complained about the long ending, but I liked that, I wanted to know what had happened to all the characters. Having sat through 9 hours of watching their lives unfold on screen, I'd have been dissapointed if it was a swift resolution.

Sam is great, he touches you more than any of the other characters manage, and that is no mean feat. I wouldn't be suprised to see him get an oscar next March (though I said that about Daniel Day Lewis last year).

Saw it last night, and really enjoyed it. Definitely the best of the three even with the obvious jumps where they've had to edit it down. The long ending didn't annoy me though the gratuitous use of slow-motion did, but overall that's a minor grumble.

And people in the cinema (UGC) clapped at the end which amused me greatly. Who were they applauding? The projectionist?

Originally posted by Fantomas

And people in the cinema (UGC) clapped at the end which amused me greatly. Who were they applauding? The projectionist?

That is nothing - should have been in Barnsley Odeon when they showed "The Full Monty" it got a standing ovation :confused:

Moon

Saw LOTR 3 last night - really good even though I never read the book. Fight sequences in it were brill. Matrix etc look naff in comparison !

Bit at the end with houses set in a hill spoiled it though for me as it just reminded me of the teletubbies :D

:thumbsup: Went to see it last night (UGC 7.15pm showing) one of the best films i have ever seen can't wait to go again...

:bigsmile: Can't wait for the 4 disc dvd to come out next year :thumbsup:

Wonder if Peter Jackson will release a director's cut, with all the cheesy hollywood bits (like "snowboarding" down steps on a shield :rolleyes: ) taken out?

I think it'd be good as a really dark cut - that said, I've not seen the latest one yet - probably leave it a few weeks until the initial rush subsides a bit.

Oh goodie, I'm not the only one who winces at the 'snowboarding' moment in The Two Towers. What a nasty little cringe that gives you in the middle of some really fabulous escapism.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by cosywolf

Oh goodie, I'm not the only one who winces at the 'snowboarding' moment in The Two Towers. What a nasty little cringe that gives you in the middle of some really fabulous escapism.:rolleyes:

Just wait and see what he does in The Return of the King :D