Printing from an Ipad

A friend has an Epson wireless printer which prints ok from her laptop but when she tries to print from her Ipad it says no air print printer found. Can any wireless printer print from an Apple product, do you need to just download an app or will only printers with air print software on them work?

A friend has an Epson wireless printer which prints ok from her laptop but when she tries to print from her Ipad it says no air print printer found. Can any wireless printer print from an Apple product, do you need to just download an app or will only printers with air print software on them work?

We print from an old ipad2 using the Epson iprint App

We print from an old ipad2 using the Epson iprint App

But the app will only work with certain 2013 models:

"2 Feature will appear in iPrint and only work with select 2013 printer models."

From the official Epson web page here:

https://epson.com/epson-connect-wireless-printing-iprint-app?pg=4

Basically if the Epson printer is not 'Air Print' ready it won't unless it is a printer from 2013 if I have interpreted the information correctly.

But the app will only work with certain 2013 models:

"2 Feature will appear in iPrint and only work with select 2013 printer models."

From the official Epson web page here:

https://epson.com/epson-connect-wireless-printing-iprint-app?pg=4

Basically if the Epson printer is not 'Air Print' ready it won't unless it is a printer from 2013 if I have interpreted the information correctly.

I'd assume it's certain 2013 models have a problem, then everything post 2013 it would be standard the 2 printers I use are later than 2013.