Advertising shows how dumbed down society is.

Earlier I saw an advert on tv which was about the Workplace pension. What's with the big multi-coloured monster thing? is this subject/advert aimed at children? :loopy:

Its the same with banking and general financial services, all advertised in a juvenile way; its no wonder people don't take these things seriously.

Oh, it's Ian Duncan Smith's lovely fluffy larger than life £8.5m 'Workie'.

Doesn't make his £39 breakfast on expenses seem all that bad now, does it?

it was ever thus. watch the old Richard Massingham films on YouTube.

His £39 breakfast was rejected wasn't it?

Earlier I saw an advert on tv which was about the Workplace pension. What's with the big multi-coloured monster thing? is this subject/advert aimed at children? :loopy:

Its the same with banking and general financial services, all advertised in a juvenile way; its no wonder people don't take these things seriously.

I despise the Tesco one where father and teenage son act like complete dicks in front of the missus/mum, and other shoppers.

What is it with the dogs in the ads, the one for credit check that says I love you, (what the.... is that about) and the one where it throws his trousers away.

What is it with the dogs in the ads, the one for credit check that says I love you, (what the.... is that about) and the one where it throws his trousers away.

I thought that was an advert for crème brûlée (Wern't they a pop group in the '70s?)

Iain Duncan Smith tried to claim underpants on his expenses as well. At the same time he cut back on disabled allowances so the most vulnerable had to choose heating or eating. The shytalk :rant:

I thought the advert was crap, cant believe the campaign cost that much.

This ad for money lending really shows the depths advertisers stoop to. Who the hell's gonna borrow money off a company that that shows blatant mincing by a couple of brain dead, depraved, fat guys. Is it supposed to be funny? Is it an insult to other right minded gay people?

Same for that ad for some VW or another where a 'trendy' beardy wierdie dad's driving his kid to school with rap music blaring out of the stereo. Who's gonna buy a VW after that?

As for that ad for 118, the less said the better, although what that company does is, if not illegal, pretty close to. :rant:

Funny, as you all remembered the adverts even though you thought they were trash. Advertisers aren't stupid!

His £39 breakfast was rejected wasn't it?

I don't know but he should have been.

And his 'workie'.