New series of still open all hours

filming starts next month on another series of still open all hours over on lister avenue in balby

Feel that rumble? That's Ronnie barker spinning in his grave. That Christmas special was an abomination.

They should have just left this one to history I'm afraid.

Dire rehash of a classic. Roy Clarke seems to have lost his edge.

I cannot believe that there is an actual live studio audience watching this,nwith raucous laughter after nearly every single line, and neither I, Mrs Smithy266 or the mother in law have not even raised a chuckle. Is this really meant to be comedy!

Dire rehash of a classic. Roy Clarke seems to have lost his edge.

he, and most of the rest of the cast, must be getting on a bit, but mostly it lacks ronnie barker, who was amongst the finest character actors of the 20th century.

I cannot believe that there is an actual live studio audience watching this,nwith raucous laughter after nearly every single line, and neither I, Mrs Smithy266 or the mother in law have not even raised a chuckle. Is this really meant to be comedy!

The Christmas one was dreadful. I don't think I even finished it.

The Christmas one was dreadful. I don't think I even finished it.

I don't even watch it ! No one can compare with Ronnie Barker !

I don't even watch it ! No one can compare with Ronnie Barker !

Yeah, good plan Patty. Take heed of the advice so far in this thread, and use the time on something else! :)

It's really bad im not a fan the days of that kind of comedy are sadly over and there have been many attempts to bring stuff like this back and it never works

It's really bad im not a fan the days of that kind of comedy are sadly over and there have been many attempts to bring stuff like this back and it never works

It's a wonder theve not tried to bring back Porridge but of course yet again only Ronnie Barker could play Fletch !