Sign in to follow this  

Getting Scandinavian Channels?

I've got a Sky Digibox and I need to get the Swedish channel TV4 (they're showing Norwich Vs Sheff U in a couple of weeks).

Does anyone know how this is possible please?

Cheers

rarstar.

You are presumably asking here because you can't get them legally. If that is the case and someone does know how to get these channels they could perhaps PM the answer to you. If they post it here - it will only get pulled.

What the eye doesn't see....;)

Cheers

Nomme

No.

I'm posting here as I can't find any info on the internet and I know from reading past posts that there are people who use this site who know about these things.

As far as I am aware, it's a free-to-air Swedish channel, and it's not illegal to pick it up, it's just that Sky boxes aren't set-up to recieve it.

Haven't you noticed the option in the set-up menu for you to manually input a channel's settings?

Originally posted by rarstar

No.

I'm posting here as I can't find any info on the internet and I know from reading past posts that there are people who use this site who know about these things.

As far as I am aware, it's a free-to-air Swedish channel, and it's not illegal to pick it up, it's just that Sky boxes aren't set-up to recieve it.

Haven't you noticed the option in the set-up menu for you to manually input a channel's settings?

Fair enough. Sorry, I don't have Sky so can't help you out. Hopefully someone else can.

Nomme

As far as I can establish, TV4 is only free if you are still on analogue Sky, but is actually a paid-for channel if you are on Sky Digital. This seems to be the case with a lot of foreign channels :(

I think that you'll find you will have to realign your dish to pick up the signal from the satellite that the Swedish TV channel uses.

I've lost touch now but when we first got Satellite TV around 10 years ago, Sky was lined up to the Astra satellite, as were many other European channels.

The other main satellite was Eutelsat which was possible to log on to if you realigned your dish.This was probably used by the Swedish Channel that you mention, but I don't know if Eutalsat is still used.

You are referring to analogue channels... as I said, TV4 is available via digital Sky, but only at a price :(

Might be worth getting a Sky analogue dish?