ONE megapixel action cam-any good?

I have some interest in an action cam that I have seen. The only thing that is holding me back from buying one is that 1mp seems low to me.

If the quality of the footage is poor, it kind of defeats the purpose of getting one like this.

Does anyone know or have experience of what the results would be like with such low megapixel?

From a photography perspective 1MP would be very poor resolution, so I would expect that 1MP for an action cam would be equally poor. Have a look at comparisons on Google, most of the good ones are around 10mp and above

depends also on what you are going to do with the images.... if you are just looking at them on small screen, what's the problem with a lower resolution?

18mp for a happysnap camera is one helluva size unless you are projecting onto a huge screen....

I have a Gopro Hero 5 and it was well worth the money, as for the 1 megapixel camera the main thing I would worry about is the build quality, I have mates who have bought what at first appears to be well specced Gopro clones for about 25 quid but they have failed miserably due to their poor build quality.

depends also on what you are going to do with the images.... if you are just looking at them on small screen, what's the problem with a lower resolution?

18mp for a happysnap camera is one helluva size unless you are projecting onto a huge screen....

No it's not 18mp, it's only 1 mp. It seems a bit low to me but am no expert.

---------- Post added 05-03-2018 at 18:51 ----------

Are you planning on uploading to YouTube?

It depends what I captured really. The camera is a cycle cam.

just get a sj4000 are simliar is just as good as a gopro camera and cost next to nothing

just get a sj4000 are simliar is just as good as a gopro camera and cost next to nothing

These are not bad for the budget but my mate had to send 2 of these back from Amazon, the first wouldn't see the memory card and the second literally just turned off and wouldn't come back on, his third however is still alive to this day after two years on his motorcycle helmet and doing pretty well.

Edited by mickey finn

yea im sure they is a newer version out now

The reality is there is still nothing to beat the Gopro range, end of.