GREEN PADLOCK "What if its not there or amber"

Hi people wonder if anyone can help me with something , so my friend has set up an ebay account tonight to try raise extra cash for christmas,so from google, she searches ebay & clicks & there is the green padlock, she then logs on , page turns & suddenly no green padlock but a "amber 1 with a warning excklamtion ", so iv clicked there & its saying "not a secure site bank & passwords may be visable "

Is she safe , wev spoke to ebat tonight & they asked for a screen shot (this bit is unbelievable) so screen she needs copy of has the amber lock, we then take the copy & its green

Any advice please, she can not affiord to be duped, xmas kids etc:(

Hi people wonder if anyone can help me with something , so my friend has set up an ebay account tonight to try raise extra cash for christmas,so from google, she searches ebay & clicks & there is the green padlock, she then logs on , page turns & suddenly no green padlock but a "amber 1 with a warning excklamtion ", so iv clicked there & its saying "not a secure site bank & passwords may be visable "

Is she safe , wev spoke to ebat tonight & they asked for a screen shot (this bit is unbelievable) so screen she needs copy of has the amber lock, we then take the copy & its green

Any advice please, she can not affiord to be duped, xmas kids etc:(

Firstly, what browser? and what version of windows?

But check the web address shows as "https:\\" at the start, and not "http:\\" - (note the S being different)

if there's no S, try putting it there, press enter and see if it makes a difference..

But to advise further, we really need to know what web browser...

Hi there thank you for taking time to help us 1stly she using "Mozilla" & windows 7?? let me check that :(