Do you get time to listen to music?

I listen to music with my headphones in whilst I'm on my travels.

I usually listen to it while I'm doing some work at home, so basically every evening and most of the weekend.:(

Few years ago the beloved got me an ipod. With the help of my tech-savvy son, I have now just short of 10,000 songs inputted on to it. A mixture of radio downloads, CDs, Dropbox gifts and vinyl I've converted into MP3s. It's completely changed how and when I listen to music. Before, it was either listening to stuff in my Man-Cave or playing CDs in the car.

Now, with the ipod, I can listen while walking the dogs, tune in on my daily commute to & from work on the bus, laying in the bath, making lunch when I'm on my own etc etc.  Very similar to the Walkman revolution in the 80s, but without the dead battery and chewing up tapes issues. 

It has reinvigorated my interest in music.

At least an hour a day, usually more. I spend much more time listening to music than I do watching tv.

I have tinnitus so I don't do silence.  Wherever I go there is some form of music or a podcast or radio happening, and all unpleasant jobs are a little bit easier with happy music playing.  My house has a network of connected speakers which can all play properly synchronised from the same CD, listen to DAB radio or stream from my phone, a memory stick or the internet- or they can all do different things if you want them to.  Mostly I control what they are doing from my phone as I'm doing my stuff.  Sometimes I just have background disturbance so the house isn't silent, but most of the time I'm singing along as I do stuff. 

I'd much rather have music than the TV, and my OH has got quite used to me turning the TV off every time the option is left to me.

35 minutes ago, medusa said:

I have tinnitus so I don't do silence. 

Oh, I'm with you on that one.

I have to have something on that makes noise! I don't listen to as much music as I used to at home. In the car there's a good selection of tinnitus beating heavy rock to listen to. I have a huge library of music...might be time to sort and start listening at home again.

I started with tinnitus about 20 years ago, it was awful when it first started, especially when I went to bed.  I didn’t know where to put my head to try and stop the buzzing and hissing noises. Over time I found out that having the TV on seemed to help, so first thing in the morning I turn the TV on, now I have learnt to live with tinnitus.

I listen to music in the car most of the time.

Yes i have to say that I listen to music for most of the day! Couldn’t live without it! The late great Frank White in his later years used to listen to music all day! A man after my own heart. RIP Frank 

Music's a way of life.

I couldn't drive without the car window open and some Rock n Roll playing loud on the CD player.

(i can't drive without my arm out the window no matter what the weather  - ask the kids!)

(and wouldn't buy a car where my arm wasn't at a comfortable angle doing so)

Sat mornings in't Garage Sounds of the 60's & Paul Gambaccini later on but as soon as I hear Graham Norton or 

Paul O'Grady the radio's OFF.  i'll play Cassettes on the mini HIFI in't Garage (CD players decided it don't want to work - probably to much overspray and grinding dust in it)

I will make an exception & although i can not abide Alan Carr on Television when him and Melanie Sykes are standing in on Radio 2 .

The (uncontrolled) banter between those two probably matches my own sence of humour.

Keep on Rockin out there.

Jerry Lee Lewis the True King of Rock n Roll

(Last man standing rule applies)

6 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Jerry Lee Lewis the True King of Rock n Roll

(Last man standing rule applies)

When did Little Richard peg out?

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

When did Little Richard peg out?

He  wasn't a member of the Million Dollar Quartet.

Last Man Standing Rule Applies

On 08/04/2020 at 17:11, Rockers rule said:

He  wasn't a member of the Million Dollar Quartet.

Last Man Standing Rule Applies

Just for you.