New series of still open all hours

It's really bad im not a fan the days of that kind of comedy are sadly over and there have been many attempts to bring stuff like this back and it never works

I think it's because it isn't timeless comedy. It just fitted with the time.

Even I lived/understand that era, and saw very few similarities to modern life, and more importantly that there weren't any funny lines, which made it a complete flop, I thought.

bold: It rarely works, but it brings in viewers I suppose for the people that watched the original thing.

If Fawlty Towers for example was remade, I think it would be a disaster, and perhaps potentially ruin a classic [shorter] series.

I'd watch it though, so I can't really complain. I think it's just cheap TV really.

I think it's because it isn't timeless comedy. It just fitted with the time.

Even I lived/understand that era, and saw very few similarities to modern life, and more importantly that there weren't any funny lines, which made it a complete flop, I thought.

bold: It rarely works, but it brings in viewers I suppose for the people that watched the original thing.

If Fawlty Towers for example was remade, I think it would be a disaster, and perhaps potentially ruin a classic [shorter] series.

I'd watch it though, so I can't really complain. I think it's just cheap TV really.

Correct that's what it is cheap TV. ! Also these modern actors don't have the timing of the original actors.

Having to watch this as the wife's mother needs entertaining. Jeez, do they employ a dtunken audience or what? There is nowt even mildly amusing, yet the studio audience laughter is over flipping whelming!

Having to watch this as the wife's mother needs entertaining. Jeez, do they employ a dtunken audience or what? There is nowt even mildly amusing, yet the studio audience laughter is over flipping whelming!

Well they tried a remake of Porridge. FLOP. I hope they dont try to remake owt else like Steptoe for example. They will come a cropper.:loopy:

Watched one episode of still open all hours and David Jason looked so uncomfortable without Ronnie beside him. Should never have tried remaking that program