Your Favourite Album of All Time

Depends on what kind of mood I'm in really. I guess I haven't got a favourite album, but in no particular order these come to mind …

Metal box … Public Image Ltd

Treasure … Cocteau Twins

A moon shaped pool … Radiohead

Neon Bible … Arcade Fire

The lamb lies down on Broadway … Genesis

Trans Europa Express … Kraftwerk

Zoolook … Jean Michel Jarre

Relayer … Yes

I love the Polyphonic Spree too, although no particular album comes to mind … they just do a brilliant track every now and then. Same with loads of other bands.

Some interesting ones there, I love a Moon Shaped Pool and always found Neon Bible to be an underrated AF album. I'll have to give Metal Box a try as I've never heard it and it's the classic PIL lineup.

Yes. that starts the album off with a bang ,another great lead vocal from Lennon.

I went to buy that album (L.P.s then) on the day of its release in November 1963. It was a Friday afternoon and went to Curtess' record shop on Angel Street next to the A.B.C. Cinema but the queue was outside and around the corner onto Bank Street. Had to get it later and I think L.P.s then were thirty bob (One Pound ,Ten Shillings)... P.S. 'Thirty Bob' in 1963 is almost 24 Pounds in 2016 money, that record would have been worth it at three time the price !

Edited by stpetre
Edit

Some interesting ones there, I love a Moon Shaped Pool and always found Neon Bible to be an underrated AF album. I'll have to give Metal Box a try as I've never heard it and it's the classic PIL lineup.

metal box is also called second edition which is the version i have sadly

I went to buy that album (L.P.s then) on the day of its release in November 1963. It was a Friday afternoon and went to Curtess' record shop on Angel Street next to the A.B.C. Cinema but the queue was outside and around the corner onto Bank Street. Had to get it later and I think L.P.s then were thirty bob (One Pound ,Ten Shillings)... P.S. 'Thirty Bob' in 1963 is almost 24 Pounds in 2016 money, that record would have been worth it at three time the price !

Yes thirty bob was the price for quite a few years, prices didn't seem to rise so much in those days. I remember the price of a single was 6/9d for a long time too. Can you remember what the EP price was in those days? I had several including two of the Beatles, one being Twist and Shout which actually got quite high in the NME singles charts. The other one had other artists songs on it like Long Tall Sally and Matchbox. God when I think of all the records I had then, if I had them all today , I would be a millionaire LOL.

Yes thirty bob was the price for quite a few years, prices didn't seem to rise so much in those days. I remember the price of a single was 6/9d for a long time too. Can you remember what the EP price was in those days? I had several including two of the Beatles, one being Twist and Shout which actually got quite high in the NME singles charts. The other one had other artists songs on it like Long Tall Sally and Matchbox. God when I think of all the records I had then, if I had them all today , I would be a millionaire LOL.

I think the price of an E.P. in 1963 was 12/6d and I had the first two Beatles' ones, the second one comprised the 'A' and 'B' sides of 'Love Me Do' and 'Please Please Me', both E.P.'s went to No 1 in the singles charts. Quite an achievement (perhaps not for them tho') as an E.P. had sell double the amount of a single to get in the charts.

Edited by stpetre
add

1 of my favourites is WHOS NEXT (1971) -- I have the original DECCA record and its beautiful! (I also have it on 8 track)

My Aim Is True - Elvis Costello. The 1993 reissue (first time hearing Imagination is a Powerful Deceiver). Superb.

Paul Simon - Graceland

ELO - Out of the Blue

Def Leppard - Hysteria

Guest sibon

My Geraniums Are Bulletproof by The Deep Freeze Mice.

And King Of America by Elvis.