Cannon Contractors

My mum's had someone call form the above company. They've done a "free" survey of her home and said that the previous Damp Proof course she's had done wasn't done correctly.

They want to charge her over £900 to come and damp proof her home inside & out (2 bedroomed Terrace).

Has anyone ever heard of this company? Used them? What are they like?

They were in the area - so yep unsolicitored.

We have got a couple of areas of damp inside

If she wants some work doing then get in at least another two quotes, far less likelihood of her being ripped off and did they actually say what the problem was with the existing damp proofing.

Damp can be caused by so many other things as well everything from blocked gutters to a raised ground level in the garden against the house wall.

Said it had been done too high and put into the mortar not the bricks. Also said previous DPC holes had been drilled too far apart.

Damp problem is condensation/black mould on walls in living room & kitchen

I'd get another couple of quotes and play dumb, ask any new blokes what they think.

Also most damp proof courses have a long guarantee up to thirty years in some cases so that may be worth checking out if your mum had the damp proofing done in the past.

I know the problems of damp have been discussed on the forum many times but as I've said there are lots of factors to consider, lack of ventilation being an obvious one especially in the kitchen.

I had a bad experience with this company after they cold-called at the door. They gave a competitive quote and things seemed OK at first.

After the work was started they asked to be paid the full amount agreed but would not do all the work on the contract. Also they would not correct some work even after it was inspected by an expert who confirmed they had done it badly.

It took months of arguing to get Cannon to honour the contract and put the bad work right before the final payment was made. I should have known better than use a company that cold-called.

I have been told of a comment on this forum started by donforge.

My company is Cannon Contracting Ltd and also use Cannon Contractors as a trading style. I previously worked for a company called Cannon Damp Proofing & Building Contractors Ltd who did cold call, though decided to leave that company in 2011.

I formed a company called Cannon Contracting Ltd and started trading in 2011.

Cannon Contracting Ltd does not seek work by cold calling.

We run a Quality Assurance Standard are proud to be Trustmark Approved, FMB Members and opperate a Complaints Procedure. We have many satisfied clients and great feedback.

Should donforge wish to send me a direct message with their contact details to discuss the matter further I will more than happy to do this.

In my previous post, the company I had problems with last year is called Cannon Contracting Ltd. They are based at Chesham House, Chesham Road, Barnsley, S70 2NT which they give as their head office. The company uses the name Cannon Contractors for it's website and stationery etc.

I hope this will avoid possible confusion with any other company which may have a similar name.

Hi donforge I note that you have placed another thread. We are the company that you are referring to, as in our thread I clearly said that we are Cannon Contracting Ltd.

However, I am concerned that you claim that your experience our our company was not a favorable one. Sadly I have not received any email from you to investigate the matter further.

Please could you contact us so that I may look into it.

I was cold called by Cannon Contracting Ltd in June. Cant be a good sign when they cold call after they say they dont.

I previously worked for a company called Cannon Damp Proofing & Building Contractors Ltd who did cold call, though decided to leave that company in 2011.

I formed a company called Cannon Contracting Ltd [..]

Why did you make your new company name virtually indistinguishable from the company you had just left? Especially when you're in the same industry?