Dog mess grass verges

Why don’t owners clean there dog <removed> up fed up of cleaning up after them

Edited by nikki-red

Probably because a lot of these people who leave their dog mess are the same scummers who drop fag ends, spit out chewing gum. chuck down litter and let their kids graffiti ..... and annoy the neighbours by having garden fires whenever the weather warms up. Total filth.:( There is no cure.

There was a video posted in my local facebook group, of a man walking his dog and then the dog did a poop and they both just walked off.

Why not try that, set up a CCTV system. It will be embarrasing for the person involved, not so the dog :)

Thing is I have cut my grass on the front to make the place look tidy and now all the dogs seem to want to do a dump there what’s most annoying the owners don’t clean it up

Thing is I have cut my grass on the front to make the place look tidy and now all the dogs seem to want to do a dump there what’s most annoying the owners don’t clean it up

I always clean up after my dog, and then tread in some one else's dog mess. too many thoughtless <removed> about these days.

Edited by nikki-red

Why don’t owners clean there dog <removed> up fed up of cleaning up after them

I read somewhere that some councils are trialling dna testing of dog mess.

Personally I think that dogs should be be sampled when being chipped (chipping is now a legal requirement)

Fines should START at £1000, doubling every offence.

The answer to the OP's question is that some owners simply wont clear up their dog's mess as it's a smelly, unpleasant job that they can get away without doing as the law is rarely enforced. Definitely out of order, but so are cat owners, who seem to absolve all responsibility for where their darling feline defecates or what wildlife/pets it tortures and kills. Never ceases to amaze me that the rules for cats are so different. I have to buy poo bags to regularly clear cat faeces from my garden and even from the tarmac right outside the front door.

instead of mowing try planting thistles nettles or better yet brambles.. then you also get free blackberries ... admittedly the lead content might be a little high. but its not so bad these days with most of the petrol being used being lead free

---------- Post added 11-06-2018 at 03:56 ----------

Personally I think that dogs should be be sampled when being chipped (chipping is now a legal requirement)

I think the second or third offence should also lead to confiscation of the animal which should be offered up for re-homing for a month before being put down.

Edited by fill

Just think this is so simple just pick your <removed> up no problem if you can not do this don’t have a dog, one people dont want this all over its a health hazard

Edited by lien1

I do a lot of walking and have noticed there is less dog muck than there used to be, but now there are loads of little black bags with a parcel inside strewn all over.

instead of mowing try planting thistles nettles or better yet brambles.. then you also get free blackberries ... admittedly the lead content might be a little high. but its not so bad these days with most of the petrol being used being lead free

---------- Post added 11-06-2018 at 03:56 ----------

I think the second or third offence should also lead to confiscation of the animal which should be offered up for re-homing for a month before being put down.

Thank goodness we are a Nation of dog lovers and that daft suggestion would never be used.

angel1.

Guest makapaka

Agree. People would go on about the costs but just recover costs from the perpetrator.