Upskirting - to become a crime punishable by 2 years imprisonment.

BUT as you say, this one IS a legitimate bill, one that is needed, and what he has done is delayed it, so there will be more victims BEFORE it becomes law

100% on the mark. I work with local childrens and young adult groups in both Sheffield and Rotherham. "Upskirting" is a blight on many of the girls lives I come into contact with and a term I became aware of about a year ago.

Some people just do not seem to grasp the feelings of invasion of privacy and vulnerability these young girls and grown women can feel.

Especially when the first they see or hear of being "upskirted" is when the pictures are plastered all over social media.

It is a vile thing to do and one that should be dealt with in a firm way to deter others from even thinking about doing it.

100% on the mark. I work with local childrens and young adult groups in both Sheffield and Rotherham. "Upskirting" is a blight on many of the girls lives I come into contact with and a term I became aware of about a year ago.

Some people just do not seem to grasp the feelings of invasion of privacy and vulnerability these young girls and grown women can feel.

Especially when the first they see or hear of being "upskirted" is when the pictures are plastered all over social media.

It is a vile thing to do and one that should be dealt with in a firm way to deter others from even thinking about doing it.

I would think the image itself may be indecent (it may not but for the purposes of this discussion lets say it is)

- possession of indecent images is an offence, as is the distribution of them.

Funny that - taking the image is not currently an offence but possession of and distributing them is.

I understand the MP in question has a track record of stopping private members bills because he and a small group of colleagues disagree with their use.

Having reportedly sponsored a number of private members bills himself, he can't disagree with their use that much.

Having reportedly sponsored a number of private members bills himself, he can't disagree with their use that much.

He's an **** and the sooner he's out of parliament the better. He can't go on forever, he's in his seventies.

Edited by Guest
Offensive word snipped

I take the point about how nonsense laws could theoretically be passed without due process on a quiet day and that sensible MP's should be vigilant, but Christopher Chope, and that other asshole who's name escapes me, regularly put the kibosh on many perfectly legitimate Bills.

Phillip Davies, Conservative, ( you might have guessed) MP for Bingley I think. Somewhere West Yorkshire way. They ought to grow up

---------- Post added 18-06-2018 at 07:27 ----------

He's an **** and the sooner he's out of parliament the better. He can't go on forever, he's in his seventies.

I suppose he deserves some credit for going against the perceived wisdom.

He's said in an interview he didn't even know what upskirting was and why the bill had been brought.

Stupid dinosaur needs to be put out to pasture.

More reactionary nonsense from Spiked, I see! :rolleyes:

Perfectly sensible article.

Forget the metoo virtue signalling for a moment and consider this.

The Government decide to make something a crime with a sentence of 2 years in prison without any meaningful debate on the matter and you think opposing that is in someway wrong?

The Government decide to make something a crime with a sentence of 2 years in prison without any meaningful debate on the matter and you think opposing that is in someway wrong?

Does it need much debate?

As far as I know, even those who stopped the bills passage say that they support the change in the law.

Does it need much debate?

As far as I know, even those who stopped the bills passage say that they support the change in the law.

I support the change in the law.

But the principal that laws carrying heavy penalties should indeed be debated is a sound one.

Just imagine if the Govt. used a PMB to slip through a law allowing 2 years inside for organising a protest.

I support the change in the law.

But the principal that laws carrying heavy penalties should indeed be debated is a sound one.

Just imagine if the Govt. used a PMB to slip through a law allowing 2 years inside for organising a protest.

Thats Christopher Chopes excuse, but in reality the govt, of whatever colour never used PMBs to "slip through" laws.

Remember this is the person slept for three nights in his office so he and his little chum could be first in the queue to swamp the house with spurious bills in order to stop real policy and real laws, that would help society being debated and possibly ennacted.