Figs on the Don.

One of several albums I left to my brother when I moved to Canada, was a double album by Lindisfarne called Magic In The Air, which was recorded live in Newcastle. I have never heard since, a live album with such audience fervour, which gave every song a ton of atmosphere, great stuff.

I saw Lindisfarne at St James Park Newcastle supporting Bob Dylan. Can't remember what year, but there was a little band called Santana on the same bill. :)

Figs on the Don

Thank you for the interesting link, Hillsbro-

On the bank of the River Don, behind the Bridge Inn (Wards) on Meadow Hall (two words is correct) Road, is a fig tree overlooking the pub’s backyard.

--

Re: Post 10

I know what you mean about Lindisfarne, Ontarian…

I once had a Fig on the Tine, in fact, I had several. The figs played ‘ell wi’ mi guts, making me Run for Home. I was singing Nicely out of Tune by the tyne I got to the thunderbox at hooam. I also one date(d) a nice bird from Brinsworth, Eleanor was her name. She was quite a Lady, with a lovely fig-ure. She used to Meet me on the Corner, and we’d Swing Together, but we were Court in the Act in those Happy Daze. Strangely enough, Eleanor’s Dad was called Don. Fig-ger that one out. Pics 1 2 3 4 5.

Figs on the Don

On the bank of the River Don, behind the Bridge Inn (Wards) on Meadow Hall (two words is correct) Road, is a fig tree overlooking the pub’s backyard.

--

I once had a Fig on the Tine, in fact, I had several. The figs played ‘ell wi’ mi guts, making me Run for Home. I was singing Nicely out of Tune by the tyne I got to the thunderbox at hooam. I also one date(d) a nice bird from Brinsworth, Eleanor was her name. She was quite a Lady, with a lovely fig-ure. She used to Meet me on the Corner, and we’d Swing Together, but we were Court in the Act in those Happy Daze. Strangely enough, Eleanor’s Dad was called Don. Fig-ger that one out. Pics 1 2 3 4 5.

Funny figger! :D

Figs on the Don

--

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: When you were in Brinsworth, did you happen to have a "wet on a wall" anyway near 18 Whitecroft Crescent? LOL

There's a Fig tree at the rear of the Rutland pub on Brown Street and where the 120 stops just opposite the Hallamshire Hospital going towards Fulwood , there's a short path to Clarkehouse Road and just up against a wall another Fig Tree is happily growing, it's already laden with Figs.

Not had a fig biscuit for a long time. Can you still get them?

We call them fig rolls or fig newtons over here, my wife buys them often when doing the grocery shopping they are very common with a lot of brand names. Don't know about over yonder though.

Figs on the Don

Ref Post 16. Ontarian1981.

In answer to your enquiry – (you’re nosey, policewoman or what?)

Eleanor and I didn’t go near to Whitecroft Crescent. She lived in a less rough area… Brinsweth Lane. Lol. I used to meet her outside The Atlas Hotel (John Smiths), on BaWtry Road. Eleanor was always taken by my quality John Lord suit. She always said I looked reight smart in it.

In(n) the Atlas I supped pints of bitter, Eleanor supped haives of Lager and Lime. We, we, may have had a wet against a wall, but I can’t recall if we ever did. Eleanor was often wet though… behind the ears. Lol.

FIG-URATIVELY SPEAKING, THIS ISN’T A FIG LEAF OF MY IMAGINATION.

Figs on the Don

Ref Post 16. Ontarian1981.

In answer to your enquiry – (you’re nosey, policewoman or what?)

Eleanor and I didn’t go near to Whitecroft Crescent. She lived in a less rough area… Brinsweth Lane. Lol. I used to meet her outside The Atlas Hotel (John Smiths), on BaWtry Road. Eleanor was always taken by my quality John Lord suit. She always said I looked reight smart in it.

In(n) the Atlas I supped pints of bitter, Eleanor supped haives of Lager and Lime. We, we, may have had a wet against a wall, but I can’t recall if we ever did. Eleanor was often wet though… behind the ears. Lol.

FIG-URATIVELY SPEAKING, THIS ISN’T A FIG LEAF OF MY IMAGINATION.

The Atlas was my local and it wasn't a John Smiths pub, it was a free house a rarity in those days. They likely had John Smiths on tap though, but I always supped Stones', sometimes Youngers and now and again a Charrington's Toby. Policewoman indeed:o