Gardeners Rest - Neepsend

Hello,

I've recently become involved with the goings on of The Gardener's Rest pub in Neepsend and was wondering what people thought of the place and if there is anything that can be done to improve it etc.

For those of you who haven't been and know nothing of it, it's near 92 Burton Street (Home of Peddler's Market) on Neepsend Lane. It's a traditional pub, serving real ales, with a bar billiard table and a very nice, little beer garden that backs onto the river. The pub is now community owned following a crowdfunding appeal last year.

There isn't much of a budget for any major improvements but I thought I'd see what people thought.

Personally, I think that the beer range / selection has improved a lot and continuing along that line of development is a great idea; the pub itself is nice.

Personally, I think that the beer range / selection has improved a lot and continuing along that line of development is a great idea; the pub itself is nice.

That's great to hear. I'm sure that will make someone, in particular, rather happy. Do feel free to comment if you think of anything else.

That's great to hear. I'm sure that will make someone, in particular, rather happy. Do feel free to comment if you think of anything else.

It might well get a whole new raft of custom once this opens...

https://yorkshirefoodguide.co.uk/blog/cutlery-works-sheffield/

Neepsend is certainly a place on the move.

Excellent music in the Gardener's Rest. Especially the Jack's Rake sessions!

;)

Think this could definitely draw a few in. The Neepsend takeover could be called the Kelham Creep.

May it "creep" all the way to Hillsborough and push the value of my house up ;)