Bar Billiards table

Did The Gardener's Rest reply?

Nope, not a peep!

They used to have pig racing in 1472

You still holding onto that betting slip Atkinson?

There used to be one in the Cocked Hat. I'm not sure if the table or the pub are still there!

Mission accomplished!

We had a road trip to Herts yesterday and brought back with us a mint condition bar billiards table.

We got it installed and ready for opening today and it's been unbelievably well received by all! Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.

Mission accomplished!

We had a road trip to Herts yesterday and brought back with us a mint condition bar billiards table.

We got it installed and ready for opening today and it's been unbelievably well received by all! Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.

Brilliant. I love that game. Never won. Always knocked the mushroom down

Brilliant. I love that game. Never won. Always knocked the mushroom down

Frustrating eh? Practice, practice, practice!

I remember a barman at the Cross Scythes showing us how to play and he made it look dead easy...... :rolleyes:

Cross Scythes on Derbyshire lane :)

Decent Thornbridge beers too!

Worth noting that the bar billiards table is in the adult-only room.

a sort of similar game is Bagatelle. I have a table...it is about 8 feet long, and about the same width as bar billiards, but a rounded top end, in which there are 9 cups, each numbered, the middle one being 9....and the sides have lines of holes for scoring pegs...

You need to hit a ball off another and pocket it to score. 8 reds, one black. Black ball scores double. There is a league in Cheshire I believe. I have some baize and need to re-cover my table. A nice game.

I wonder if some the long standing pub goers on here might be able to help?

I'd quite like to get a bar billiards table for the pub and am keen to know if anyone can think of a pub where they used to have one before becoming unfashionable? I.e. they may have one unused and unloved, in storage or rotting away and would possibly be willing to sell?

Any condition considered. Cheers!

Which pub are you putting it in

We love Bar Billiards the tables are hard to find in Sheffield Steelers Sports Bar and Cross scythes are the ones we use

I am not sure if it is possible to delete messages from here so I just changed it instead.

Edited by philyyy
It didn't need saying.