Advice please on turning from Rutland Road to Penistone Road

Can someone shed some light on the following ;

at the bottom of Rutland Rd past the Wickes... when you turn left onto Penistone Rd..

The road changes from 2 lanes on rutland rd to 3 then 100m laters 4 on Penistone rd.

so from rutland rd can you tell me if you was in lane 1 on Rutland Rd which lane should you go in to on Penistone Rd without having to indicate a lane change...

also same for lane 2....

Thanks

Andy missing the point.. 2 lanes go into 3 on Penistone.. so who has the priority on which lanes ?

I would assume the left hand lane on Rutland Road would have to stay in lane 1, and the right lane on Rutland Road would get priority of the middle or the 3rd lane as the 3rd lane is also a turning lane - on itself back onto Langsett Road.

From the lights. left hand lane for left toward town and 2nd lane to go up Netherthorpe road. Right lane for right lane to go up Netherthorpe road and to turn right to go to tesco etc. most do it this way......

Yes the left hand lane is for the first two lanes and the right hand lane is for the last lane on the right as if you going to tesco, amount of times ive been up I can't count on one hand.

Since there are no markings neither lane has priority over the the centre lane.

Maybe not but it's common sense, not that many drivers have !!!

Yes the left hand lane is for the first two lanes and the right hand lane is for the last lane on the right as if you going to tesco, amount of times ive been up I can't count on one hand.

This is correct! 3rd lane on the right also goes up netherthorpe Rd.

isnt there anything in the highway code regarding this.. ???

usually you simply follow the lane markings.. but there isnt any on this bend...

i had noticed on penistone rd just before that junction heading towards town

when the road splits from 2 lanes to 3.. drivers in lane 1 are filtered to either lane 1 or 2 and lane drivers are filtered to lane 3...

this is confusing on the rutland rd side though....

This is correct! 3rd lane on the right also goes up netherthorpe Rd.

Yes and also going up netherthorpe road, thought I had included that.